Michael P. Healy
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Lee’s Summit, MO
- Free Consultation
Michael P. Healy specializes in complex business and personal injury litigation throughout the Midwest. He normally represents plaintiffs and offers hybrid contingency fees, but also defends clients. Mike graduated from Creighton University in 1984, where he received the Best Student in Debate Award, and from Creighton University School of Law in 1987, where he received the Nebraska Bar Foundation Outstanding Student Trial Advocate Award. Mike is AV-rated, an NBTA Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, and a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He chaired the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys C.L.E Committee and business litigation section, is a member of its Board of Governors and lectures on business litigation. Mike had the largest settlement in Missouri for 2007 which was the largest recovery for a power line injury in Missouri history.
Certificates and Credentials
About Michael P. Healy
First Admitted: 1987, Missouri
Professional Webpage: http://www.healylawyers.com
- $22 million settlement power line injury; 8.6 million verdict - breach of contract and fraud; 5.0 million verdict Franchise termination; $9.9 million judgment for fraudulent transfer; $7.854 million verdict for wrongful termination of distributorship; 1.2 Million settlement product liability; 1.3 million settlement - trucking case; $2 million verdict wrongful death; $987,000 verdict for breach of fiduciary duty; ......
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys Board of Governors, CLE Chair, Business Litigation Chair, Lecturer, Presenter, President's Award Recipient; Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Business Litigation Committee member and lecturer; Best in U.S Lawyers; Multi-Million Dollar Advocate; Who's Who in American Law; Highest "AV" Peer Review Rating by Martindale; Top Attorney in Missouri and Kansas.
- Best of U.S., Best of United States
- Outstanding Student Trial Advocate, Nebraska Bar Foundation, 1987
- President's Award, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 2010
- AV Peer Review Rated - The highest rating possible, Martindale-Hubble
- Best Student in Debate, Creighton University, 1984
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Missouri Trial Lawyer's Association President's Award, 2016
- Author of Chapter related to Distributorships, Dealerships and Franchises., Author, KCMBA Business Litigation Handbook - Distributorships, Dealerships and Franchises, 2017
- 1987 Missouri Bar; 1989 Kansas Bar; 2000 South Dakota Bar; 2020 Colorado Bar; U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri 1987; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth and Tenth Circuits 1989; U.S. District Court, District of Kansas 1989; U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota 2003; U.S. Supreme Court 1985. , 2020
Last Updated: 9/2/2022