John E. Travers
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Florham Park, NJ
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
As a partner with Stern Kilcullen & Rufolo, John E. Travers represents clients in New Jersey as a trust and estate litigator with the firm’s Tax, Trusts and Estates Group. His practice focus also includes legal matters related to estate planning, tax planning and estate administration. During his career, he has handled everything from business succession plans to probate litigation to representing fiduciaries.
Mr. Travers is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, Florida, New Jersey and New York. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Tax Court.
In 2002, Mr. Travers graduated from La Salle University with a Bachelor of Science in business administration and then earned his Juris Doctor from Widener University Delaware School of Law. He then went on to receive his certificate in estate planning and his Master of Laws in taxation from Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law in 2007. He also received Certificates of Achievement in constitutional law and nonprofit organizations while studying to become an attorney.
A member of the Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey, Mr. Travers is also a member of the American Bar Association, the Florida Bar and the New Jersey State Bar Association. With almost 15 years of experience, he is knowledgeable and experienced enough to handle even the most complex cases of estate planning and litigation.
About John E. Travers
First Admitted: 2005, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.sternkilcullen.com/b_john_e_travers.html
- American Bar Association
- New York, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania, the United States Tax Court, the United States District for the District of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey
- Florida Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Masters of Law in Taxation with a Certificate in Estate Planning from Villanova University School of Law in 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Finance and Management Information Systems in 2002 from LaSalle University
Last Updated: 12/29/2020