Thomas N. Torzewski
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Morristown, New JerseyTorzewski & McInerney, LLC
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Estate & trust litigation, Tax; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1983
Education: Seton Hall University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
As the founder of Torzewski & McInerney, LLC, Mr. Torzewski represents clients in Northern New Jersey with emphasis in Morris County. He focuses on estate planning and probate and estate & trust litigation, corporate formation and transactions, probate dispute mediation, tax and business planning, guardianships, estate and trust administration, elder law and special needs planning.
After making the dean's list and graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Mr. Torzewski went on to earn honors and a Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1983. He then received a Master of Laws degree in Taxation from New York University School of Law in 1986. Mr. Torzewski is also a CPA.
With more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Torzewski is dedicated to helping clients develop comprehensive estate plans while minimizing taxes. He understands the importance of having a properly executed estate, which is why he pays strict attention to details and maintains open communication with clients. In addition to working with fiduciaries & beneficiaries of estates and trusts, Mr. Torzewski also has experience representing corporate executives, business owners and retirees.
Staying active in the legal community is important to Mr. Torzewski. He holds memberships with a number of organizations such as the Essex Bar Association, the American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, the Morris County Bar Association, the Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Torzewski is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association's Taxation Law, Real Property Trust and Estate Law, and Business Law sections.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Estate & trust litigation, Tax: business
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Will contests, Tax law
- 40% Estate planning & probate
- 40% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Tax: business
First Admitted: 1983, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.tntestatelaw.com/attorney/thomas-n-torzewski-esq...
- Selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, published in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2005 – Present
- Essex County Bar Association, Past Chairman, Probate Law Committee
- Morris County Bar Association - Elder & Disability Law Committee
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Morris County Bar Association, Probate Law Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- Listed on the Superior Court of New Jersey Roster of Approved Mediators
- U.S. Tax Court
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, B.A. cum laude - 1979, Honors: Dean's List, 1976-1979, 1979
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, LL.M. - 1986, 1986
- LL.M. Taxation, New York University Certified Public Accountant (1985), 1986
- Certified Public Accountant, State of New Jersey, 1985
Office location for Thomas N. Torzewski
60 Washington St.
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023