Joshua P. Cohn
Top rated Family Law attorney in Saddle Brook, New JerseyCohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf, LLP
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Appellate; view more
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1987
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf, LLPPark 80 West - Plaza One
250 Pehle Avenue, Suite 401
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 Visit website
As a partner at Cohn, Lifland, Pearlman, Herrmann and Knopf LLP, Joshua P. Cohn guides individuals and families through some of the most difficult situations they may ever face. He handles criminal defense and family law cases on behalf of clients in Bergen County and throughout northern New Jersey. In every matter, he uses professionalism, integrity and compassion to reach the best possible outcome.
Licensed to practice for three decades, Mr. Cohn is an active member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Bergen County Bar Association and The Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey. Additionally, he is a barrister with The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court. He frequently delivers lectures to peers about his practice area, and he is a former adjunct professor for the Seton Hall University School of Law.
Mr. Cohn is adept at all phases of the legal process, whether a client is dealing with a divorce or facing a serious criminal charge. He has appeared in municipal, state and federal courts to advocate for clients’ rights. As a former prosecutor, he understands the inner workings of the justice system.
Any case Mr. Cohn takes on presents an opportunity to deliver comprehensive representation. This means more than simply negotiating or litigating. Mr. Cohn recognizes that he also plays the role of counsel, which means he listens to clients’ concerns and helps them weigh their options.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts from Hamilton College, Mr. Cohn went on to receive a Juris Doctor and graduate cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Appellate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Appeals, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Father's Rights, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Name Change, Parole, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Probation, Same Sex Family Law, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations
- 50% Family Law
- 40% Criminal Defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1987, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: http://www.njlawfirm.com/attorneys/joshua-p-cohn/
- New Jersey Super Lawyers for Criminal Defense, Family Law and Appellate, 2006 through 2018
- Bergen’s Top Lawyers in in Matrimonial & Family, and Criminal Defense (White Collar and Non-White Collar) 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Federal Criminal Justice Act Program, Participant
- New Jersey
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Passaic County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel, Panelist
- New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Morris Pashman Inn of Court, Barrister
- Washington, D.C.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Lecturer
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Adjunct Faculty Member, 1991 to 1997
- Hamilton College, B.A.
Office location for Joshua P. Cohn
Park 80 West - Plaza One
250 Pehle Avenue, Suite 401
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Additional sources of information about Joshua P. Cohn
Find me online
- DON’T SKIP THE HOME INSPECTION! You may be tempted to skip or waive the inspection. DON’T DO IT. Have a Home Ins… https://t.co/QaDiM0PSnl
- For a person who is considering divorce, it may be tempting to try a DIY approach with the assistance of AI. Consid… https://t.co/XdbQV4WVxG
- The most challenging aspect of gaining access to 911 call recordings is that the length of time that such recording… https://t.co/1E5IFgCB64