James P. Yudes
Top rated family law attorney in Springfield, New JerseyThe Law Office of James P. Yudes, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family law
Licensed in New Jersey since: 1975
Education: Villanova University School of Law
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the Super Lawyers Selection Process for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
James P. Yudes is a partner at The Law Office of James P. Yudes, P.C. Representing those in New Jersey, he handles matters of family law. These may include divorce, prenuptial agreements, equitable distribution, alimony, separation, post-judgment, intra-marital agreements/mid-marriage agreements, paternity, domestic violence, child support, child custody and defense of a charge of domestic violence. The Supreme Court of New Jersey has named him a Certified Matrimonial Attorney.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey, Mr. Yudes has been practicing law since 1975. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the United States Tax Court and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Yudes has a Bachelor of Science and a Juris Doctor from Villanova University. A contributing author to several family law blogs, he is also the co-author of the New Jersey Family Law Update's foundation, the Yudes Family Law Citator. He is a Fellow of both the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
From 2004-2008, Mr. Yudes was given the Distinguished Service Award by the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He was also named as a Who's Who Among Outstanding Americans and in American Law. The New Jersey State Bar Association's former trustee, he also served as the family law section's chair and as chair of the Union County Early Settlement Program.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1975, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.yudesfamilylaw.com/james-p-yudes-esq.html
- Chairman, Union County Early Settlement Program
- Trustee, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chairman, Family Law Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey, 1975
- Robertson v. Robertson, 381 N.J. Super. 1999 (App. Div. 2005)
- Shalit v. Shalit, 322 N.J. Super 351 (App. Div. 1999)
- Schuyler v. Ashcraft, 293 N.J. Super. 261 (App. Div. 1996)
- Miller v. Miller, 160 N.J. 408 (1999)
- DiRuggiero v. Rodgers, 743 F.2d. 1099 (3rd Cir. 1983)
- Innes v. Innes, 117 N.J. 496 (1990)
- Heuer v. Heuer, 152 N.J. 226 (1998)
- Giovine v. Giovine, 284 N.J. Super. 3 (App. Div. 1995)
- G.C. v. M.Y., 278 N.J. Super. 363 (App. Div. 1995)
- Dugan v. Dugan, 92 N.J. 423 (1983)
- Carr v. Carr, 120 N.J. 336 (1990)
- DiIorio v. DiIorio, 254 N.J. Super. 172 (Ch. 1991)
- Caplan v. Caplan, 834 A.2d 459 (App. Div. 2003)
- Cargulia v. Cargulia, 309 N.J. Super. 649 (App. Div. 1996)
- B.S., Villanova University
- Certified Matrimonial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Author, Yudes Family Law Citator
- Lecture, Institute for Continuing Legal Education (I.C.L.E.)
- Author, Yudes Family Law Citator
- Regular contributor, New Jersey Divorce and Family Lawyer Blog
- Contributing Author, Yudes Consumer Guide to a New Jersey Divorce
- Contributing Author, Yudes Family Law Citator
- Author, Yudes Consumer Guide to a New Jersey Divorce
- Fellow, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Charter Fellow American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Named to New Jersey Super Lawyers list from 2007-present year
- New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education Distinguished Service Award 2004-08
- A.V. rating - Martindale-Hubbell *
- Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who Among Outstanding Americans
Office location for James P. Yudes
80 Morris Ave.
Springfield, NJ 07081