Patrick W. Sullivan
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Albuquerque, New MexicoThe Law Offices of Salazar, Sullivan & Jasionowski
As an attorney with Salazar, Sullivan & Jasionowski, Patrick W. Sullivan focuses his practice entirely on medical malpractice and wrongful death litigation for his clients across the state of New Mexico. He has extensive experience and has won numerous cases in personal or catastrophic injury, products liability, premises liability and more.
Mr. Sullivan has succeeded in obtaining justice for many grieving New Mexico families who have lost loved ones to wrongful death, and for others who have suffered long-term disability and high medical expenses as a result of a company's or individual's negligence. He has represented many clients in product liability cases against such large corporations as Firestone, Ford, Michelin, Sulzer and Telectronics.
Mr. Sullivan graduated from the University of New Mexico, receiving his Bachelor of Science in economics and political science. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor at Creighton University School of Law in Omaha, Nebraska, where he graduated cum laude. While pursuing his degree, he worked on the Creighton Law Review from 1991 to 1992. He is admitted to practice law in the state of New Mexico, and before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.
An active member of the American Association for Justice, Mr. Sullivan is also a board-certified civil trial specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He also served as president of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association & Foundation and currently serves on its board of directors. His peers have given him the distinguished rating of AV-Preeminent* with Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: http://www.salazarandsullivan.com/Attorneys/Patrick-W-Sulliv...
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2006 - Present
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, B.A. in Economics & Political Science
- New Mexico, 1992
- President, New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 2006 - 2007
- Board of Directors, New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 1997 - Present
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 1994
- Member, American Association for Justice
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
- Cum Laude, Creighton University School of Law
- SETTLEMENTS: Anesthesia ErrorFailure to Timely Evaluate and Treat Infection Resulting in Severe Brain Damage, Birth Trauma Brain Injury from Bleeding, Brain Injury from Jaundice, Cut Common Bile Duct, Wrongful Death of Post-Operative Patient, Wrongful Death due to Post-Partum Bleeding, Severe Brain Damage Cerebral Air Emboli, Delay in Diagnosis and Treatment of Perforated Colon segment, Wrongful Death due to Failure to Diagnose and Treat Perforated Colon, Wrongful Death Due to Undiagnosed Heart Attack, Wrongful Death Due to Failure to Timely Diagnose Pulmonary Hemorrhage, Wrongful Death Due to Fetal Distress, Wrongful Death Due to Subdural Hematoma After a Fall in the Hospital, Wrongful Death Due to Failure to Diagnose and Treat Abdominal Abscess, Wrongful Death Due to Fetal Distress in High Risk Pregnancy, Wrongful Death Due to Failure to Diagnose and Treat Hypernatremia and Dehydration, Permanent Nerve Damage to Arm Due to High Risk Shoulder Dystocia, Wrongful Death Due to Failure to Treat Post-Operative Hypoxia, Wrongful Death Due to Untreated Post-Operative Complications After Brain Surgery, Undiagnosed and Untreated C. Difficile, Wrongful Death Due to Undiagnosed Respiratory Failure, Brain Death After Untreated Hemorrhage After C-Section, Wrongful Death Due to Failure to Diagnose and Treat Abdominal Sepsis.VERDICTS: $2,500,00 for Wrongful Death$2,100,00 for Cut Common Bile Duct$1,500,00 for Wrongful Death$1,100,00 for Wrongful Death$240,000 for Amputated Finger$150,000 for Broken Hip from Fall at Hospital.
- Consumer Guide to Medical Malpractice Cases in New Mexico What Every New Mexico Medical Malpractice Victim Must Know., Co-author, www.salazarandsullivan.com, 2008
- Creighton Law Review, Creighton University School of Law, 1991 - 1992
Office location for Patrick W. Sullivan
100 Gold Avenue SW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2012, 2014 - 2023