Top rated Family Law attorney in Clifton Park, New YorkThe Hoffman Law Firm, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in New York since: 2006
Education: Syracuse University College of Law
The Hoffman Law Firm, LLC28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065 Visit website
A skilled family law attorney, Laura Hoffman established The Hoffman Law Firm, LLC, in Clifton Park, New York, to help families navigate the legal system in their time of true need. Going above and beyond to implement economical legal strategies to meet her clients’ family goals, she looks for innovative approaches to solve challenges. For 16-plus years, she has focused her practice exclusively on family law matters involving:
· Complex contested divorces
· Debt and property valuation, including the division of retirement accounts and business ownerships
· Child custody and parenting time
· Child and spousal support
· Post-decree modifications
· Domestic violence
· Marital agreements
With an understanding of the emotional aspects of family law issues, Ms. Hoffman seeks cost-effective resolutions to conflicts before entering the courtroom. But when her clients’ objectives and best interests are on the line, she is never afraid to stand by their side through litigation. She has obtained favorable verdicts for her clients in the state and appellate courts of New York and has acquired the respect of her past clients, opposing counsel and family court judges in Clifton Park, Saratoga County and other parts of the greater Albany metropolitan area.
Ms. Hoffman pursued her Bachelor of Science in history at the State University of New York College at Oneonta. She then received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Syracuse University College of Law in 2005 and was authorized to practice law in New York the next year. As a student attorney, she earned a Certificate of Specialization in Family Law & Social Policy.
Ms. Hoffman's successful track record and professionalism have earned her the Avvo Clients’ Choice award and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating. She is selected for inclusion in the Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under Age 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys. Furthermore, she is rated Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell, one of the most prestigious ratings offered by the organization.
Known for lending her efforts and resources to the legal community, Ms. Hoffman is a member of the New York State Bar Association, The Saratoga County Bar Association and the Albany County Bar Association. In the past, she served as the co-chair of Capital District Women’s Bar Association’s Classroom Project Committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: https://hoffmanlawllc.com/about/
- State University of New York College at Oneonta, 2001
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 2006
- A summary of the brand new spousal support legislation that was signed into law on September 25, 2015, which set forth formulas for the calculation of spousal maintenance for the first time., Author, The New Spousal Maintenance Legislation - A Synopsis, Saratoga County Bar Association, Divorce, Spousal Support, Alimony, 2015
- Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement, Distinguished Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2016
- The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys is a professional organization that is dedicated to helping the public find the most premier family law attorneys in the nation. By providing the public with the most accurate, up to date listings of top ranked attorneys in their states, the NAFLA helps ensure quality representation for those in need of a family law attorney., New York's Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Hassan v. Barakat, 171 A.D.3d 1371 (3rd Dept. 2019) - Successfully overturned trial decision. The Appellate Determined the trial court erred in awarding primary physical custody to wife because, inter alia, there was no evidence indicating that husband committed sexual crimes against his children from a previous marriage, and wife did not fully comply with temporary custody order and did not always take children to husband for his scheduled parenting time., 2019
- Williams v. Williams, 99 A.D.3d 1094 (3rd Dept. 2012) - Successfully defended trial court's decision awarding client monthly maintenance, awarded her 50% of the marital portion of the husband's pension and retirement plans, and directed the husband to pay the wife's counsel fees., 2012
Office location for Laura Hoffman
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016