Anthony T. DiPietro
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in New York, NY
- Free Consultation
Attorney Anthony T. DiPietro is the founder of The DiPietro Law Firm in New York, New York. In recent years he has expanded his practice and opened an office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr. DiPietro serves clients throughout the New York and Philadelphia metropolitan areas and is experienced in matters involving birth trauma, sexual assault, brain injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death and other catastrophic injuries caused by negligence.
Over the course of his career, Mr. DiPietro has represented clients in both individual and mass tort/class action lawsuits with several of his cases making a significant legal impact in New York State. In 2000, he successfully represented a plaintiff in a matter that resulted in a pharmacy being held liable for an infant’s injuries caused by ingesting prescription steroid medication. At the time, this was only the second such ruling in New York to hold a pharmacy accountable.
Another of Mr. DiPietro’s cases was featured on the front page of the New York Law Journal. Mr. DiPietro's are regularly featured in various media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNN, CBS, the Associated Press, the New York Daily News and the New York Post. He has secured record verdicts and settlements for his clients throughout the years, resulting in multimillion-dollar recoveries.
Mr. DiPietro is a graduate of New York Law School, magna cum laude, and has been licensed to practice law since 1999. Outside of the office, he maintains a strong presence in his legal community. He is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also involved with the Justice at Stake Campaign, a nonprofit organization aimed at keeping courts fair and impartial.
About Anthony T. DiPietro
First Admitted: 1999, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.ATDLaw.com
- $4,500,000 against New York Hospital for the wrongful death of a woman during surgery
- $2,400,000 against negligent pediatrician for failing to diagnose hip dysplasia in child
- $1,750,000 against Queens Hospital for several hours of pre-death pain and suffering following cardiac complications
- $2,250,000 for boy sexually assaulted by a teacher at school
- $1,500,000 for patient sexually assaulted by a male nurse in New York Hospital
- $3,500,000 wrongful death settlement before trial for family of woman who died as a result of inadequate post-operative monitoring.
- $1,060,000 for negligent deprogramming of a patient's defibrillator during eye surgery
- $2,400,000 medical malpractice settlement for wrongful death after hospital administered aspirin to patient who complained of a headache while on coumadin
- $1,750,000 medical malpractice settlement for child who suffered birth trauma.
- $1,300,000 medical malpractice settlement for failure to diagnose breast cancer.
- $2,000,000 medical malpractice verdict: December 8, 2015. New York State Supreme Court - Queens County Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death involving failure to timely diagnose and treat respiratory distress in emergency room patient being seen for subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- $4,250,000 medical malpractice settlement during trial of child who suffered brain damage as a result of a traumatic birth and meconium aspiration.
- $2,000,000 medical malpractice settlement during trial of case for child who suffered birth trauma as a result of the doctor's failure to realize the mother had fibroids which prevented vaginal delivery
- $1,400,000 medical malpractice settlement for wrongful death of patient due to doctor's failure to diagnose abnormality leading to heart attack and death
- $1,825,000 settlement at trial in medical malpractice case for delay in diagnosing cancer
- $3,446,000 medical malpractice verdict: New York State Supreme Court - Rockland County Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death involving failure to diagnose aortic aneurysm.
- $2,250,000 medical malpractice settlement for child who suffered a traumatic premature birth due to cerclage failure
- $1,600,000 medical malpractice settlement during trial for patient injured by surgical malpractice.
- New York Law School, Law Review, Magna Cum Laude, 1998
- New York State Bar, 1999
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2018
- Birth Trauma
- Human Rights
- Medical Malpractice
- Patient Safety and OB/GYN Malpractice
- Sexual Exploitation & Abuse
- Wrongful Death
- “And now at least one of the schools that parents think are worth cheating to get into, is cheating in order to be… https://t.co/yJYzgtPQ4W
- Wow, the past 10-months have been pretty revealing! Thank you, Professor Michael Thaddeus and @Gladwell for what y… https://t.co/7D1FCtdWlu
- U.S. News & World Report Chairman and Editor-in-Chief, Mortimer Zuckerman, handed $200 million to Columbia Universi… https://t.co/GOLHlPrHRz
Last Updated: 5/15/2022