Anthony T. DiPietro
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in New York, New YorkThe DiPietro Law Firm
Attorney Anthony T. DiPietro is the founder of The DiPietro Law Firm in New York, New York. In recent years he has expanded his practice and opened an office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mr. DiPietro serves clients throughout the New York and Philadelphia metropolitan areas and is experienced in matters involving birth trauma, sexual assault, brain injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death and other catastrophic injuries caused by negligence.
Over the course of his career, Mr. DiPietro has represented clients in both individual and mass tort/class action lawsuits with several of his cases making a significant legal impact in New York State. In 2000, he successfully represented a plaintiff in a matter that resulted in a pharmacy being held liable for an infant’s injuries caused by ingesting prescription steroid medication. At the time, this was only the second such ruling in New York to hold a pharmacy accountable.
Another of Mr. DiPietro’s cases was featured on the front page of the New York Law Journal. Mr. DiPietro's are regularly featured in various media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNN, CBS, the Associated Press, the New York Daily News and the New York Post. He has secured record verdicts and settlements for his clients throughout the years, resulting in multimillion-dollar recoveries.
Mr. DiPietro is a graduate of New York Law School, magna cum laude, and has been licensed to practice law since 1999. Outside of the office, he maintains a strong presence in his legal community. He is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also involved with the Justice at Stake Campaign, a nonprofit organization aimed at keeping courts fair and impartial.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Malpractice
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 50% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.ATDLaw.com
- $4,500,000 against New York Hospital for the wrongful death of a woman during surgery
- $2,400,000 against negligent pediatrician for failing to diagnose hip dysplasia in child
- $1,750,000 against Queens Hospital for several hours of pre-death pain and suffering following cardiac complications
- $2,250,000 for boy sexually assaulted by a teacher at school
- $1,500,000 for patient sexually assaulted by a male nurse in New York Hospital
- $3,500,000 wrongful death settlement before trial for family of woman who died as a result of inadequate post-operative monitoring.
- $1,060,000 for negligent deprogramming of a patient's defibrillator during eye surgery
- $2,400,000 medical malpractice settlement for wrongful death after hospital administered aspirin to patient who complained of a headache while on coumadin
- $1,750,000 medical malpractice settlement for child who suffered birth trauma.
- $1,300,000 medical malpractice settlement for failure to diagnose breast cancer.
- $2,000,000 medical malpractice verdict: December 8, 2015. New York State Supreme Court - Queens County Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death involving failure to timely diagnose and treat respiratory distress in emergency room patient being seen for subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- $4,250,000 medical malpractice settlement during trial of child who suffered brain damage as a result of a traumatic birth and meconium aspiration.
- $2,000,000 medical malpractice settlement during trial of case for child who suffered birth trauma as a result of the doctor's failure to realize the mother had fibroids which prevented vaginal delivery
- $1,400,000 medical malpractice settlement for wrongful death of patient due to doctor's failure to diagnose abnormality leading to heart attack and death
- $1,825,000 settlement at trial in medical malpractice case for delay in diagnosing cancer
- $3,446,000 medical malpractice verdict: New York State Supreme Court - Rockland County Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death involving failure to diagnose aortic aneurysm.
- $2,250,000 medical malpractice settlement for child who suffered a traumatic premature birth due to cerclage failure
- $1,600,000 medical malpractice settlement during trial for patient injured by surgical malpractice.
- New York Law School, Law Review, Magna Cum Laude, 1998
- New York State Bar, 1999
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2018
- Attorney Anthony T. DiPietro has been leading the charge in the sexual abuse lawsuits against OBGYN Robert Hadden and Columbia University. Starting with his first case in 2012, Mr. DiPietro has represented every major client in this litigation against Hadden and Columbia for the past decade., Attorney Anthony T. DiPietro provides Notice to women exposed to convicted felon OBGYN Robert Hadden, Patient Safety & Sexual Exploitation And Abuse Law Firm For Victims And Survivors, 2023
- Founder, Anthony T. DiPietro, Esq., recognized as one of the Top 10 U.S. Attorneys for his wins against Robert Hadden and Columbia University in the specialty of Women's Rights., Top 10 Attorney in the U.S. for Women's Rights, The National Trial Lawyers Organization, 2023
- Founder, Anthony T. DiPietro was selected among the country's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators for securing a record-setting $ 250 million dollar settlement against Robert Hadden and Columbia University., Top 100 High Stakes Litigators in the U.S., Top 100 High States Litigators, 2023
- New York attorney Anthony T. DiPietro, Esq., selected to New York State SuperLawyers for the 11th year in a row. Mr. DiPietro is the Founder of the New York based Patient Safety & Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Law Firm for Victims and Survivors., Selected to New York State SuperLawyers 11th Year in a Row, SuperLawyers.com, 2023
- Founder Anthony T. DiPietro, Esq., secured a record-breaking settlement in the lawsuit against Robert Hadden and Columbia University of over 250 million dollars., 2023
- Birth Trauma
- Human Rights
- Medical Malpractice
- Patient Safety and OB/GYN Malpractice
- Sexual Exploitation & Abuse
- Wrongful Death
Office location for Anthony T. DiPietro
New York, NY 10279-0001
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
See legal Q & A provided by Anthony T. DiPietro
Q: I had a normal pregnancy, but when I was giving birth my baby swallowed meconium. My child was born alive, but then died at the hospital after birth. How can I find a birth trauma lawyer in New York to see if there is a valid medical malpractice case and file a lawsuit for my child who passed meconium during delivery and died due to the doctor's negligence?A: When a baby passes meconium during labor or delivery, it can sometimes be a sign of a doctor’s mistake; in other words, medical malpractice. … See all answers by Anthony DiPietro