John P. White
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in New York, NY
John P. White serves as of counsel at the law firm of Amster Rothstein & Ebenstein LLP, which has its offices in New York, New York. Licensed to practice law in New York since 1978, he provides knowledgeable and sound counsel to his clients in all intellectual property matters, and in the corporate, health care, and life sciences and biotechnology industries.
Primarily focusing his practice on biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, Mr. White helps his clients – startup ventures, corporations and university research centers – with patent prosecution, licensing, litigation and counseling. He is a zealous and tireless advocate for his clients’ liberties and rights and is a dedicated and diligent attorney with a firm commitment to his clients’ needs.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering from The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, Mr. White has a master’s degree in chemical biology and an M.P.H degree in biophysical chemistry from the Columbia University's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. He went on to pursue law and obtained his Juris Doctor from Fordham University.
In addition to New York, Mr. White is admitted to practice law in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the United States Supreme Court, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He has been featured numerous times in the media.
Mr. White is actively involved in the legal arena and is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York Intellectual Property Law Association, the New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Federal Bar Council and the Licensing Executives Society. He is also a member of the New York City Bar Association and its Patent Law Committee.
About John P. White
First Admitted: 1978, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.arelaw.com/professional/jpwhite/
- Columbia University, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Yale University, MIT, Harvard University, Rutgers University, Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Trust (Imperial College), University of PennsylvaniaOSI Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Dong-A Pharmaceuticals, Quark Pharmaceuticals, HistoRx, Excalliard Pharmaceuticals, Wellgen, EnzymotecHeartWare, Inc, BioControl Medical LTD, CSIRO (Australia), Government of Singapore
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York, serves on its Patent Law Committee
- Licensing Executives Society
- Federal Bar Council
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Associations
- New York Intellectual Property Law Associations
- American Bar Association
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Columbia University School of Engineering, B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Columbia University's School of Graduate Faculties, M.A. in Chemical Biology and M.P.H. in Biophysical Chemistry
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Science Education Advisory Committee, Columbia UniversityMember, Rockefeller University Advisory Council
- Admitted to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office, the United States Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the US District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Last Updated: 5/31/2022