Clay A. Campbell
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Charlotte, NC
Attorney Clay A. Campbell is a partner with the Marcellino & Tyson PLLC law firm in Charlotte, North Carolina practicing in North Carolina and South Carolina. Widely regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in the state, Mr. Campbell provides exceptional representation and support to individuals and business owners throughout the Charlotte Metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business and employment law
· Civil litigation
· Construction law
As an attorney, Mr. Campbell finds great reward in being able to help his clients deal with the complex and pressing legal challenges that affect their lives and livelihood. He has earned a reputation for working closely with his clients to ensure he fully understands their needs, so he can better assist them with achieving the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve. He also uses technology extensively to more efficiently prepare and present his cases with an eye to obtaining superior results.
Among his most notable recent successes, he advocated on behalf of a small business owned by a husband and wife that was facing plaintiff claims involving a road construction matter. Had the claims been successful, they would have bankrupted the company, and Mr. Campbell was able to have several of the claims dismissed while achieving favorable verdicts for the defendants for the remaining claims.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Campbell received a Legal Elite designation in both construction and civil litigation from Business North Carolina Magazine in 2019, and he has earned top rankings from his peers along with "Superb" client ratings on Avvo.
After graduating from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, in 2004, Mr. Campbell attended the University of Richmond School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2008. He holds his license to practice in North and South Carolina, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western and Middle Districts of North Carolina as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Mr. Campbell is an active member of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, the North Carolina Bar Association and the Mecklenburg County Bar, where he was a member of the organization's Bar Leadership Institute for the Class of 2016, has served as Vice-Chair and Chair of the Social and Networking Committee, and currently serves on the Bar Leadership Institute Committee.
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 40%Business Litigation
- 20%General Litigation
- 10%Construction Litigation: Business
- 10%Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 0%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Personal Injury - Defense, Construction Defects
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
About Clay A. Campbell
First Admitted: 2008, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.yourncattorney.com/our-firm/clay-campbell/
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of three corporate entities sued in state court arising from an automobile accident involving an officer of corporate entities, 2018
- Prevailed in action against a homeowner for breach of contract arising from failure to pay for materials and labor supplied for improvements to the home, 2019
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of construction company sued for allegedly damaging underground utilities during road improvement project, 2015
- Prevailed in arbitration in breach of contract and construction lien dispute arising from a commercial construction project, 2018
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute – Class of 2016
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2009
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, pro hac vice, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2009, 1900
- North Carolina, 2008
- South Carolina, 2010
- Chair of Committee responsible for organizing networking and learning opportunities to promote collegiality and a cohesive membership, including the Lawyers' Luncheon Series and Holiday Party, candidate forums, and current events discussions.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – Construction Litigation – 2017, 2018, 2019
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite – Civil Litigation 2019
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite – Construction 2019
- The Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute is a group of approximately 20 lawyers selected annually on the basis of commitment and motivation to serve in leadership positions and a record of public service and service to charitable organizations. The program seeks to develop leaders for further and increased leadership in the legal community and beyond., Bar Leadership Institute, Mecklenburg County Bar, 2016
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Last Updated: 5/15/2022