Whitaker Boykin Rose
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Charlotte, North CarolinaRosenwood, Rose & Litwak, PLLC
A partner at a Charlotte-based law firm Rosenwood, Rose & Litwak, PLLC, in North Carolina, attorney Whitaker Boykin Rose is an experienced civil litigator licensed to practice in both North and South Carolina. He concentrates his practice on all aspects of construction litigation, lien claims, commercial law, licensing board complaints and product liability actions.
Having worked in the field of law for more than a decade, Mr. Rose helps his clients with a variety of litigation and related matters concerning corporate governance disputes, planned community and community association disputes, along with arbitrations. His clientele includes professionals and individuals from a broad spectrum of industries including developers, engineers, contractors, insurance companies, corporate shareholders, landlords and tenants.
Mr. Rose is also a certified superior court mediator who helps parties reach a point of resolution for their conflict through mediation. He has worked on several cases involving contract negotiation, planned community and commercial association governance, corporate creation and private placement as well.
Engaging in a dual role as project counsel for his clients, Mr. Rose provides his learned advice to diffuse tensions between two parties, mitigate risks and develop their businesses with proper strategies in place for risk management. He has clerked at the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office and other private firms which gave him a strong foundation in law pertaining to pre-trial preparation and the litigation processes.
Prior to joining Rosenwood, Rose & Litwak, PLLC, Mr. Rose worked in a renowned law firm in the state where he handled complex litigation including delay claims, multimillion-dollar construction defects and other disputes, in addition to insurance coverage and the resolution of homeowner association’s issues. His zealous representation for both plaintiffs and defendants in courtrooms and the quality of service rendered has earned him a “Very Good” rating on Avvo and several peer-reviews with five-star ratings through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Rose graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder in 2006, securing a bachelor’s degree in political science, and later enrolled in the University of South Carolina School of Law for his J.D., which he completed in 2011. While he was studying law, he enrolled in a study abroad program for international dispute resolution from the honor society of Gray’s Inn. Additionally, he has memberships in several prominent international and state legal associations. He was named to Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite list in the categories of construction litigation and young guns and was also recognized by the Best Lawyers for multiple years.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Administrative Law, Business Litigation, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Construction Defects, Licensing, Non-Compete Agreements
- 70% Construction Litigation: Business
- 10% Administrative Law
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.rosenwoodrose.com/whitaker-rose
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019 – 2022
- Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Young Guns, 2016 - 2018
- Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Construction Litigation, 2016 - 2022
- Super Lawyers, 2021 - 2022
- Membership and Diversity Committee, North Carolina Bar Association Construction Law Section, Co-Chair, 2016-2021
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2011-present
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2013-present
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Member, 2011-present
- Mecklenburg County Bar Foundation, Development Committee, Member, 2016-2019
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Member, CLE Committee, 2015-2017
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Construction Professionals Network, Member, 2018-present
- Bobbitt Inn of Court, Member, 2015-2017
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, Graduate, 2015
- Christ Church Kindergarten, Board Member, 2019 - 2021
- North Carolina Bar Association Construction Law Annual Meeting, “Expect the Uninspected: Construction Defect Claims and Building Code Issues/Code Officials", Presenter/Speaker, September 2018
- “Managing Risk Through Contracts”, Presenter/Speaker
- University of Colorado at Boulder, BA, 2006
- First Tee of Charlotte - Young Professionals - Leadership Committee Member, 2013
- Blue Goose International - Charlotte - Fundraising and Event Planning Committe Member, 2014
Office location for Whitaker Boykin Rose
1712 Euclid Ave
Charlotte, NC 28203
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2021