Jonathan Eric Friesen
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in New Bern, North CarolinaGillespie & Murphy, P.A.
Jonathan Eric Friesen is an attorney at Gillespie & Murphy, P.A., in New Bern, North Carolina. Mr. Friesen focuses his practice on bankruptcy, business, and corporate law, commercial and residential real estate, and social security disability, serving a diverse client base throughout the New Bern area.
Mr. Friesen earned a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and went on to earn a law degree from the Nebraska College of Law. Before embarking on his legal education, he was employed by an agri-business organization in a role that saw him managing farms.
Mr. Friesen has assisted both individuals and businesses with Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 bankruptcies. His experience also includes helping clients with workouts and alternatives to bankruptcy. He has been licensed as an attorney in the state of North Carolina since 2003 and is also licensed in the state of Nebraska as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Friesen is a member of the Craven County Bar Association and the Nebraska State Bar Association. He is also active in the North Carolina State Bar, serving as part of the organization’s real estate section.
In addition to his law practice and participation in the legal community, Mr. Friesen sits on the board of directors for the Carolina Chamber Music Festival and previously served as chairman of the organization. Throughout his career, he has been active in additional groups, including the American Red Cross – Coastal Carolina Chapter and The New Bern Preservation Foundation, Inc.
New Bern Office
320 Middle Street
New Bern, NC 28560
321 North Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
101 W. 14th Street, Suite 101
Greenville, NC 27834
200 Valencia Drive, Suite 119
Jacksonville, NC 28546
Practice areasBankruptcy: Consumer, Real Estate: Business, Social Security Disability, Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer, Real Estate: Consumer
Bankruptcy Law, Collections, Credit Repair, Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Loan Modifications, Mortgage & Refinance, Short Sale
- 20% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 20% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Social Security Disability
- 20% Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer
- 20% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 2003, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.lawyersforchrist.com/Attorneys/Jonathan-e-Friesen...
- Coastal Carolina Chapter of the American Red Cross, Former Board Member, 2004 - 2006
- Carolina Chamber Music Festival, Inc., Board Member and former Chairman, 2005 - Present
- New Bern Preservation Foundation, Inc., Board Member and Vice President, 2005 - 2009
- North Carolina State Bar, Real Estate Section
- Craven County Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska State Bar, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Member, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Member, Nebraska Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2003
- North Carolina, 2003
- Nebraska, 2005
- Outstanding Civil Clinic Student for work with clients of the University of Nebraska College of Law Civil Clinic Program
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, B.A., Major: History, 1993
Office location for Jonathan Eric Friesen
320 Middle Street
New Bern, NC 28563
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013