Daphne D. Edwards
Top rated Family Law attorney in Raleigh, North CarolinaDaphne Edwards Divorce & Family Law, PC
Attorney Daphne D. Edwards is the founder and owner of Daphne Edwards Divorce & Family Law in Raleigh, North Carolina. A nationally ranked, award-winning attorney with more than 23 years of legal experience, Ms. Edwards delivers unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Wake County and the surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or need assistance with some other serious family law matter.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Edwards has achieved significant success assisting and guiding her clients through the divorce process and helping them make informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division, and other related matters. She also has extensive experience handling adoptions as well as paternity and fathers' rights actions, and she has represented clients dealing with domestic violence situation as well as those with issues unique to LGBT families.
Well-versed in mediation and alternative dispute resolution techniques, Ms. Edwards prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements in a manner that is far more economical and less adversarial than traditional divorce litigation. However, she has extensive trial experience and will not hesitate to take her clients' matters to court when necessary to help ensure they obtain the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve. She has also successfully handled a number of appeals.
Whether inside or outside of the courtroom, Ms. Edwards maintains an unwavering focus on protecting her clients' rights and best interests at all turns, and she has received many award and honors for her outstanding professionalism and service.
Among her most notable accolades, Ms. Edwards holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with a Legal Elite designation from Business North Carolina. She has also received Superb ratings on Avvo as well as the site's Clients' Choice Award.
A 1991 graduate of the University of Oregon, Ms. Edwards obtained her Juris Doctor with highest honors in 1997 from Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco, California. While in law school, she was an active member of the school's law review, and she received a merit tuition scholarship as well as American Jurisprudence Awards for Family Law, Criminal Procedure, and Solving Legal Problems and the faculty award for Academic Excellence in Criminal Law.
A leader in her field, Ms. Edwards has served on the adjunct legal faculty at both Campbell Law School and Golden Gate University School of Law. She has also written extensively and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of legal topics.
Ms. Edwards has served as social committee chair for the Wake County Bar Association, and she is a member of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, the North Carolina State Bar and its Family Law and Appellate Practice Sections, and the American Bar Association's Family Law Section, among her other professional affiliations.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1997, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://dedwardslaw.com/about-us/daphne-edwards/
- National High School Mock Trial Competition, Volunteer
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1987-1989
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, B.S., Political Science, 1991
- Lawyers of Distinction: Member, 2020
- Wake County Bar Association, Appointed Social Committee Chair, 2017
- North Carolina State Bar, 1997
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section, Appellate Practice Section
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2020 Advanced Family Law Trial Skills Co-Chair, Co-Chair, Advanced Family Law Trial Skills, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Legal, 2020
- Golden Gate University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, San Francisco, CA, 2003-2005
- Campbell Law School, Adjunct Professor, Raleigh, NC, 2013-2014
- Golden Gate University School of Law, Associate Editor of Law Journal, 1996-1997
- Presentation at the NBI seminar for divorce and family laws on Advanced Custody and Support Issues, specifically addressing custody relocation and interstate custody issues., Speaker, Advanced Custody & Support Issues, NBI, NBI, 2018
- Presenter, August 24, 2016, Wake County Bar, 2016 Family Law Update, “How to Obtain Electronic Discovery and Ensure It’s Admissible”, Presenter, How to Obtain Electronic Discovery and Ensure It’s Admissible, Wake County Bar, Legal, 2016
- Speaker, July 28, 2015, HalfMoon Seminars, “Legal Research and Writing Workshop for Paralegals", Presenter, Legal Research and Writing Workshop for Paralegals, HalfMoon Seminars, Legal, 2015
- Co-Program Planner and Program Moderator, October 10, 2014, NC Cary Bar Center, Appellate CLE Program, Planner and Moderator, Appellate CLE Program, North Carolina Bar Association, Legal, 2014
- Family Forum, Section Vol. 34, No. 5, June 2014, Family Law Case Updates, Writer, Family Law Case Updates, Family Law Forum, Volume 34, No. 5, June 2014, Legal, 2014
- Family Forum, Section Vol. 35, No. 1, October 2014, Family Law Case Updates, Writer, Family Law Case Updates, Family Forum, Section Vol. 35, No. 1, October 2014, Legal, 2014
- Mass Appeal, October 10, 2014, Appellate Practice, Program Co-Planner, Planner, Mass Appeal, North Carolina Bar Association, Legal, 2014
- Law Review Article, 26 Golden Gate U. L. Rev. 241, 1996 - 1997, Writer, Law Review, Golden Gate University Law Review, Legal
- , North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Super Lawyers/Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Golden Gate University School of Law, Merit Tuition Scholarship Recipient 1995-1996 and 1996-1997
- Listed in Super Lawyers, North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Super Lawyers/Thomson Reuters, 2020
- Golden Gate University School of Law, Highest Honors, Class Rank: Top 4% (6/175), American Jurisprudence Awards: Family Law, Criminal Procedure, and Solving Legal Problems
- Included in the Legal Elite Family Law Section, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2020
- Included in the Legal Elite Family Law Section, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2019
- Listed in Super Lawyers, North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Super Lawyers/Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers, North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2018
- Included in the Legal Elite Family Law Section, Legal Elite, North Carolina Business Magazine, 2018
- Included in the Legal Elite Family Law Section, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2016
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence, 1997
Office location for Daphne D. Edwards
2301 Rexwoods Dr., Ste 118
Raleigh, NC 27607
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2024