Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Wilmington, NC
- Free Consultation
James Henson is a senior partner at the Law Office of James L. Henson. A compassionate attorney with more than a decade of legal experience, he fights for the rights and best interests of his clients throughout Wilmington, North Carolina.
Licensed to practice in all the state courts of North Carolina since 2009, Mr. Henson has handled a variety of legal matters during his distinguished career. They include personal injury, workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability, criminal defense, DWI and DUI, traffic violations and drug offenses.
Hailing from a military family, Mr. Henson understands the unique challenges families face when going through a legal issue. From the start to the end of a case, he works hands-on with his clients and pursues every means possible to secure the results they deserve. As a result of his outstanding client services, he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A native of Jacksonville, Mr. Henson attended the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology and a minor in sociology in 2005. While there, he was part of the Men’s Varsity Soccer Team and was placed on the dean’s list multiple times in a row. Later in 2009, he earned his J.D. from Elon University School of Law. As a law student, he was a member of the Public Interest Law Society and the International Law Society.
Mr. Henson takes pride in contributing to the community in which he lives and works. He maintains active memberships in legal organizations such as the North Carolina Bar Association and the North Carolina State Bar. He also volunteers his time and services to help the underrepresented groups. He was the recipient of the Legal Aid of North Carolina Award for handling a number of pro bono cases successfully.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Social Security Disability
- 30%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Criminal Defense
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Rising Stars: 2022
About James Henson
First Admitted: 2009, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.protectyourlegalrights.com/attorney/james-l-hens...
- International Law Society, Member
- Legal Aid of NC Award for Handling Pro-bono Case, 2018
- Public Interest Law Society, Member
- North Carolina, 2009
- North Carolina State Bar, Member, 2009 to Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2009 to Present
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro, North Carolina, B.A. major in Psychology & minor in Sociology with cum laude, 5-Time Dean's List, Psi Chi Honor Society and Men’s Varsity Soccer Team, 2 years, 2005
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Pro Bono Publico Award - New Hanover County Pro Bono Program, 2018
Last Updated: 6/9/2022