Jeremy M. Wilson
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Wilmington, North CarolinaWard and Smith, P.A.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Insurance Coverage view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2011
Education: University of North Carolina School of Law
Ward and Smith, P.A.127 Racine Drive
Wilmington, NC 28406 Phone: 910-794-4870 Email: Jeremy M. Wilson Visit website
Jeremy leads the Personal Injury and Wrongful Death practice. He has extensive experience litigating claims for wrongful death, serious personal injury, and a broad range of civil litigation before state and federal courts, including cases involving vehicle accidents, professional malpractice, premises liability, products liability, and class actions, among other areas. He has also litigated numerous cases involving complex insurance coverage issues.
In addition, Jeremy represents clients in business litigation cases, having represented numerous entities (from small area businesses, to financial institutions, to large corporations) in matters including contract and intellectual property disputes. He also has extensive experience with trusts and estates litigation and eminent domain cases.
Jeremy has represented clients in all phases of litigation, including jury and bench trials, arbitrations, mediations, hearings, depositions, and appeals before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.wardandsmith.com/attorneys/jeremy-wilson
- Brigade Boys & Girls Club (CORPs Leadership Team executive committee; Youth of the Year Mentor) First Presbyterian Church (member, usher) Greater Wilmington Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Wilmington Alumnus, Class of 2013) Lawyers 4 Literacy (Snipes Elementary School, Spring 2015) New Hanover County Industrial Facilities and Pollution Control Financing Authority (vice chair) New Hanover County Parks Conservancy Board (president; chair, Policy Committee; member, Volunteer Committee) Teach For America, Eastern North Carolina Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministry (board member) Wilmington-New Hanover County Port, Waterway, and Beach Commission (board member)
- B.A., with highest honors and highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005. Carolina Scholars Award (full academic scholarship), 2005
- M.P.P., Duke University, Terry Sanford School of Public Policy, 2011
- J.D., with highest honors (graduated first in class of 248), The University of North Carolina School of Law, 2011. Order of the Coif, Editor in Chief, North Carolina Law Review, Chancellor's Scholar (full academic scholarship), James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society, Honors Writing Scholar. M.P.P., Duke University, Terry Sanford School of Public Policy, 2011 B.A., with highest honors and highest distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005. Carolina Scholars Award (full academic scholarship).
- North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022