Stephen E. Palmer
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Columbus, OhioYavitch & Palmer Co., LPA
Attorney Stephen E. Palmer is the owner and partner of The Law Office of Yavitch & Palmer Co., L.P.A., in Columbus, Ohio. A well-experienced and trusted trial lawyer with over 27 years of experience, he devotes his practice exclusively to criminal defense and traffic defense. He fiercely advocates for the rights of his clients throughout the state of Ohio and represents them in cases related to misdemeanor, sex crimes, cybercrimes, juvenile offenses, DUI, drug crimes and felony charges.
Drawing upon his extensive experience serving as counsel for the accused, Mr. Palmer addresses all aspects of his clients’ situation to provide a personalized solution they need, aimed at achieving the favorable outcomes they deserve. Over the course of his career, he has built a vast network of professional resources, including investigators, consultants and other industry experts, that he relies on to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for those he serves.
Mr. Palmer is widely regarded as one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in the state, and he frequently appears on a local radio broadcast, where he offers invaluable legal insight to callers on a wide range of legal issues. He maintains an active presence in several professional legal organizations, including the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Columbus Bar Association, where he routinely conducts lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to criminal law.
A 1992 graduate of The College of Wooster, Mr. Palmer obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Capital University Law School in 1995, where he was a member of the university’s Law Review. The Ohio State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Recognized for his exceptional legal abilities and high ethical standards, Mr. Palmer has held an AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell for over 13 years as well as a perfect score of 10 on 10 on Avvo. He has also authored and co-authored numerous scholarly writings.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Assault, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, White Collar Crime, Wrongful Death
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 30% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.ohiolegaldefense.com/attorneys/stephen-e-palmer/
- Capital University Law School Law Review
- Weekly Morning Show Guest Offering Free Legal Advice. 99.7 The Blitz
- Parker Lee Foundation, Board Member
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2011 – 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, AV Peer Review Rating
- Seminar Speaker, Criminal Advocacy, Ohio State Bar Association, 2015
- A course is designed to help criminal defense attorneys hone their trial advocacy skills. Learn about the most effective ways to conduct each step of the process. This program will also explore using motions and evidence to your client’s best advantage and potential strategies for appeal., Seminar Speaker, Criminal Advocacy, Ohio State Bar Association, 2015
- Ohio Courtroom Evidence, Third Edition, Lexis Law Publishing, 1998, co-authored with his father, John Palmer, 1998
- Order of the Curia, Law Review, Capital University, 1994-1995. Co-Author State v. Vega and Ohio's Operating Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated (OMVI) Law: per se Unconstitutional? Capital University Law Review, No. 3, Vol., 24, 1995.
- Columbus Business First: 20 People to Know, November 2014
- College of Wooster, B.A., History, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1998
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio, 1995
Office location for Stephen E. Palmer
511 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2024