Peter B. Janci
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Portland, OR
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009, 2011 - 2021
As a partner at Crew Janci LLP who has handled over a hundred sexual abuse cases, Peter B. Janci represents victims throughout the country, associating local counsel. With creativity and zealous advocacy, he has taken on institutions such as the Boy Scouts of America, the Mormon Church, the Catholic Church and a variety of local and state governments and private and public institutions. With a decade of experience, he has moved many cases through mediation and arbitration and tried several bench and jury trials.
In 2010, Mr. Janci was part of a team that obtained an almost $20 million verdict after a child sexual abuse trial against the Boy Scouts of America. While he is a passionate advocate for survivors or sexual abuse, he does more than represent them legally. Mr. Janci also presents and writes about crime victims’ rights, sexual abuse and mandatory reporting. While working with clients, he also advocates to change legislation to provide better access to justice and legal protections for the vulnerable.
While his practice is mostly focused on sexual abuse cases, he also takes a small number of wrongful death, catastrophic injury and psychiatrist/psychological malpractice cases. He is an active member of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, the American Bar Association, the Multnomah County Bar Association, the Oregon Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association and the National Crime Victim Bar Association.
Mr. Janci graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in international relations and political science from Wheaton College. At Northwestern College of Law at Lewis and Clark College, he then obtained his Juris Doctor, graduating cum laude.
About Peter B. Janci
First Admitted: 2007, Oregon
Professional Webpage: https://crewjanci.com/attorneys/peter-janci/
- Wheaton College, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Relations, Magna Cum Laude
- Kerry Lewis v. Boy Scouts of America
Pro bono/Community Service
- Former Member, City of Portland’s Small Business Advisory Council
- Former Board Member, Hands on Greater Portland
- Co-Author, Of Compelling Interest: The Intersection of Religious Freedom and Civil Liability in the Portland Priest Sex Abuse Cases, University of Oregon Oregon Law Review, 2007
- CLE: “Child Abuse Reporting Obligations: What Oregon Attorneys Need to Know“
- Kelly W.G. Clark Advocacy Award, Sparks of Hope, 2017
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2009
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011-2020
- US Court of Federal Claims, 2020
- Washington State Bar Association, 2020
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Oregon Bar Association
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- New York Bar Association, 2019
Last Updated: 4/7/2022