Ronald J. Resmini
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Providence, RI
An accomplished trial attorney with more than four decades of experience, Ronald J. Resmini's law firm represents individuals throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida, New York, and Washington, D.C., who have been harmed due to the negligence or recklessness of another party. At the Ronald J. Resmini Law Offices, Ltd., which he founded in Providence, Rhode Island, where he practices alongside his three sons, Mr. Resmini has successfully represented thousands of clients in an array of personal injury matters, including motor vehicle accidents, toxic torts, wrongful death claims, dog bites and premises liability claims. As part of his substantial medical malpractice and products liability practice, he advocates for individuals and families suffering complications from birth injuries, brain injuries, and defective drugs and medical products, including non-FDA-approved IUDs and DePuy ASR hip replacement systems.
Mr. Resmini earned his law degree from the Suffolk University Law School and was admitted to practice in Rhode Island in 1969 while on leave from his service in the U.S. Army Security Agency. He is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Rhode Island Bar Association.
The author of more than 20 legal handbooks and two-volume treatises on Rhode Island civil procedure, Mr. Resmini has garnered recognition at the legislative level for his comprehensive knowledge of the state's laws and statutes. He was instrumental in instituting Rhode Island's IOLTA and court-annexed arbitration programs and in clarifying negligence-related matters, insurance laws, the public duty doctrine and other legal matters in his trial work before numerous state courts. In 1991, the National Board of Trial Advocacy appointed him to its board of examiners.
A member of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Mr. Resmini has garnered multiple accolades on account of his diligence and dedication, including the Massachusetts Senior Attorney of the Year award from Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association in 2010 and Martindale-Hubbell's peer review AV Preeminent* rating.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Ronald J. Resmini
First Admitted: 1969, Rhode Island
Professional Webpage: http://www.resminilawoffices.com/attorneys/ronald-j-resmini-...
- Board Examiner for the National Board of Trial Advocacy in 1991
- Rhode Island, 1969
- Butterworth Publishing Company to Author a two-volume treatise entitled, Tort Law and Personal Injury Practice, which is part of the RI Practice Series (Butterworth 1990, with Annual Supplements)
- Published a two-volume series entitled, RI Actions and Remedies; a two-volume work on Civil Procedure after the major revision of the Superior Court Rules of Civil Procedure, entitled RI Civil Practice and Procedure (Michie Law Publishers, 1996, with Annual Supplement)
- Published many articles in the RI Bar Journal and Law Review articles in Suffolk University Law Review, including the Law of Uninsured Motorist Insurance, the Law of Products Liability in Rhode Island, and the Law of Domestic Relations in Rhode Island
- Security Mutual Ins. v. Maria, 433 A2d 693 (1981)
- Threshier v. Commercial Union Ins., 423 A2d 1389 (1980)
- Rogers v. LaValley, 412 RI A2d 276 (1980)
- Papaioannou v. 1st U.S. Army, US Ct App. 74-1344
- Bush v. Nationwide Mutual Ins., 419 A2d 857 (1980)
- Su v. Kemper Ins., 431 A2d 416 (1981)
- Rogers v. LaValley, 122 RI 920, 414 A2d 190 (1980)
- Digiglio v. General Motors Co., 119 RI 918, 378 A2d 1069 (1977)
- Bush v. Nationwide Mutual Ins., 448 A2d 782 (1982)
- Security Mutual Ins. v. Maria, 429 A2d 150 (1980)
- Threshier v. Commercial Union Ins., 422 A2d 247 (1980)
- Digby v. Digby, 120 RI 299, 388 A2d 1, (1978)
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell; The Highest Possible Rating In Both Legal Ability And Ethical Standards
- Awarded the honor of Massachusetts Senior Attorney of the Year for the year 2010 when Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association celebrated Excellence in the Law in May, 2010
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys 2014 MA TOP 10 , The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, TOP 10, 2014
- Named Massachusetts Senior Attorney of the Year, 2010
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 in MA, National Trial Lawyers TOP 100 ATTORNEYS IN MA, 2014
- "Super Lawyers" list of top attorneys in Rhode Island, 2011 2012 and 2013
- Providence College, Providence, B.A.
- Board Examiner National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1991
- Happy #MothersDay to our mom, grandmother, and all mothers who so selflessly care for others. https://t.co/O6nkwvkSdM
- Injured? Call #4444444 @ Law Offices of Ronald J. Resmini, Accident & Injury Lawyers, Ltd. https://t.co/x9FFnTLp1E
- Most people have never had to deal with a lawyer. So, if you find you need justice or even are wondering if you nee… https://t.co/mvRcVa1v50
- On #LawDay, we celebrate the important role that our legal system plays in preserving our liberties & the freedoms… https://t.co/hWBYvihwTb
- Please join us in wishing our entire office staff a very happy #AdministrativeProfessionalsDay. We appreciate every… https://t.co/fqNDVcVV14
Last Updated: 5/15/2022