Jenney S. Keaty
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Nashville, TN
Jenney Springer Keaty has been a trial lawyer since 2008, representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice and personal injury tort litigation in courts across Tennessee. Jenney has represented clients in matters involving medical malpractice, dental malpractice, and wrongful death. She represents severely injured people, or people who have lost a loved one as the result of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. She has tried cases to a jury in multiple counties in Tennessee, including being award a $1.75 million verdict for the plaintiffs in a medical malpractice case by a Rutherford County jury.
A member of the 2018 TBALL (Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law) class, Jenney’s reputation and experience have earned her several professional recognitions, including being named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star (top 2.5% of attorneys in the mid-south) first in 2015, and for several years since; one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 in 2014, 2015, and 2016; and one of Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30 young professionals in 2012. She has received an AV Preeminent rating on the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review every years since she was first rated in 2016.
A native of Bridgeport, West Virginia, Jenney graduated with honors from The Ohio State University in 2004, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, English and Dance. Jenney graduated from The University of Tennessee College of Law in 2008 with a Concentration in Advocacy and Dispute Resolution. During law school, she was a member of the Evidence Moot Court Team, the Mediation Moot Court Team, and the executive board of the Student Bar Association and the Law Women organization. Jenney also practiced as a student lawyer representing clients in the College of Law's Advocacy Clinic.
Jenney is licensed to practice law in Tennessee, and is a member of both the Nashville Bar Association and the Tennessee Bar Association. She is former a member of the Harry Phillips American Inn of Court, Tennessee Association for Justice, and the Lawyers' Association for Women.
In the community, Jenney is an active volunteer, supporting The Heart Association, CASA, Family & Children's Services, Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and the Kappa Alpha Theta Nashville Alumnae Chapter. As a member of the Junior League of Nashville, she has donated her time to Oasis Center, the Girl Scouts, and Youth Encouragement Services. In 2012, Jenney was named one of "Nashville's Top 30 Under 30" young professionals for her philanthropic and professional achievements.
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2021
About Jenney S. Keaty
First Admitted: 2008, Tennessee
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/jenney-s-keaty/
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, Honors B.A. in Criminology, English, & Dance, Member of the Honors & Scholars Program, 2004
- Board for the Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (NBA YLD)
- Associate Member, Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Board of the Lawyers’ Association for Women (L.A.W.)
- Board for the Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (TBA YLD)
- United States District Court for Middle Tennessee (November 25, 2013 to Present)
- Tennessee (October 29, 2008 to Present)
- American Inn of Court, Harry Phillips Chapter, 2012 – 2014
- Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority Nashville Alumnae Chapter, Member (former President), 2008 - Present
- Junior League of Nashville, Member, 2009 - 2017
- Nashville Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- Bal d’Hiver Charity Ball Board, 2012 - Present
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member (formerly the Tennessee Association for Justice), 2008 – Present
- Lawyers’ Association for Women (L.A.W.) Marion Griffin Chapter, 2008 – Present
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- TBALL (Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law) Class of 2018
- Named as Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star (top 2.5% of attorneys in the mid-south), 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Received the highest possible rating – an AV Preeminent rating – on the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review in 2016, 2017, and 2018
- One of Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30 young professionals, 2012
- One of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 in 2014, 2015, and 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- Music City Christmas Run Planning Committee To benefit Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee, 2009 - 2014
- Nashville PULSE, American Heart Association Board of Young Professionals, 2010 - 2013
- Medical Malpractice
- #VerdictAlert: Angeli Murthy and Allie Rattet just won $130,000.00 for their client in a labor and employment laws… https://t.co/lzNwUBuJUj
- “For years we filed claims bills in the Florida Legislature without success – but we never gave up,” Morgan & Morga… https://t.co/m8HvGURQ2u
- Recap of the Plaza Fiesta event hosted by our #Abogados attorneys in ATL! Thank you to the entire community for co… https://t.co/LXWmdc5PZc
- #VerdictAlert: Zach Wiley and Burke Keaty just received a $250,000.00 verdict for their client in a heavily disput… https://t.co/SaOEQ5Boww
Last Updated: 5/15/2022