Christopher J. Parvin
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Dallas, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014
- Virtual Appointments
Christopher J. Parvin is the Founder and Managing Director of Parvin Law Group. A seasoned veteran with more than 17 years of experience, Chris’s desire is to help you protect what’s most important – your family and your business.
Chris is Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Today, only approximately 1% of Texas attorneys have earned certification in this field, making him one of the few Estate Planning and Probate experts in the State of Texas.
Chris is not just a transactional lawyer; he is also a seasoned litigator who has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in trial in Probate Court, County Court, State District Court, and Federal District Court. He has successfully tried cases to verdict (including jury trials), obtained summary judgments, and negotiated pre-litigation settlements.
Chris is licensed to practice law in every court in the State of Texas and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. Chris was named a “Super Lawyer” in Estate Planning and Probate Law in 2019 by Super Lawyers® a designation awarded by Thomson Reuters through an extensive blue-ribbon panel system.
A native of Texas, Chris has also distinguished himself as a local community leader. For 9 years he served as an elected City Councilman in Cedar Hill, Texas, the community where his family has lived since 1867. Chris also served as a Dallas County Truancy Court Magistrate.
Chris and his wife Toni are extensively involved in charitable giving and civic engagement in the Dallas community. Chris sits on numerous boards in and around North Texas, and is a sought-after public speaker, providing informational programs to civic and community groups in Dallas County. Chris, Toni, and their 2 children are active members of The Oaks Church in Red Oak, Texas.
- 60%Estate Planning & Probate
- 20%Business Litigation
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Estate Planning and Probate Law
About Christopher J. Parvin
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.parvinlaw.com/chris-parvin/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Co-Owner, White Rhino Coffee House, LLC (Cedar Hill, Texas);
- Member, Lions Club International (Cedar Hill, Texas Chapter)
- Friends of Scouting Chairman for Cedar Hill, Texas, Boy Scouts of America, 2009-2010
- City of Cedar Hill, City Councilman, Texas, 2009
- Leadership Team, Life Church of Midlothian, Texas, 2009
- Children’s Financial Supporter – World Vision, Inc.
- Gold Sponsor, City of Cedar Hill’s Country Day on the Hill, 2002-2009
- Vice Chairman, City of Cedar Hill Main Street Development and Preservation Board, 2003-2005
- City of Cedar Hill, Texas Main Street Preservation, Vice Chairman
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyer's Foundation, Life Fellow, 2006
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2003
- City of Cedar Hill, Texas Main Street Development Board, Former Vice Chair, 2002
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, Texas, B.S., Major: Business Management, 1999
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, L.L.M, Major: Taxation, 2006
- Adjunct Professor, Law, Texas A&M University School of Law, 2013-Present
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Northwood University, 2010-2012
- Board Certified, Probate and Estate Law, 2013-Present
- Board Certified, Estate Planning & Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Co-Chair, 2004-2014
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2003
- United States Supreme Court, Washington, D.C.
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- “Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service, 2019-2020, Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Student Attorney Representative: ABA Representation in Mediation Inter-School Competition, San Antonio, Tx., 2003, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- Graduate, Dallas Association of Young Lawyer’s Leadership Class
- Member, Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law
- Member, Summer and Fall, 2002 Law Clinic, Texas Wesleyan University School Of Law
- Member, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity, Texas Wesleyan University School Of Law
- “Rising Star”, Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service, 2011-2014
- AV-Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Best Lawyer”, Southwest Dallas “Best Awards”, The Suburban Newspaper, 2010-2011
- Proud of my business partner for making this happen and thankful to friends for sharing. https://t.co/Frbsfo5zdh
- Only dumb people use Twitter.
- @AmericanAir delay delay delay! Stuck on airplane runway 2.5 hours after boarding because they couldn’t de-ice airc… https://t.co/0unyrkD2qb
- So thrilled to know about @fragileJason. A site that my buddy's wife dedicated to all the delicate things about him #nancyboy
Last Updated: 5/15/2022