Levi G. McCathern, II
Top rated business litigation attorney in Dallas, TexasMcCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke
Levi G. McCathern, II is recognized as one of the premier litigation lawyers in Texas. He is Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – a double certification held by only 26 of the 87,000 attorneys in Texas. He specializes in catastrophic damage litigation and is frequently summoned to defend specialized, high-damage claims, including all types of commercial litigation. In addition, he has served as lead counsel for numerous jury trials and is regularly called upon to provide legal consultation to companies throughout the country.
Levi serves as primary trial counsel for the Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd., the Jerry Jones Family and their related entities, and is panel counsel for some of the world's largest companies in the specialty areas of Business Litigation, Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Law, Advertising Injury, and more. He has been named to Super Lawyers' coveted group of elite practitioners in Texas for 15 years. The annual Texas Super Lawyers list, designed to identify the state's top attorneys, is based on a statewide survey of attorneys, independent research, and evaluation of candidates. Levi has also been selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine for Business Litigation in 2014 and General Corporate Law in 2012.
In 1993, Levi was licensed to practice law in Texas. He started as an associate with Godwin & Carlton, P.C. and, in less than 5 years, was named as the youngest shareholder in the firm's history. On October 1, 1998, Levi founded McCathern Wadlington Mooty, LLP. He is licensed to practice in Texas and New York, and is admitted for practice in all Texas state and federal district courts, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, all state courts in New York, and all federal district courts of Arkansas.
Levi was born in the small town of Perryton, Texas and obtained a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude from Baylor University in 1990, where he was selected Phi Beta Kappa. In 1993, he earned a Juris Doctorate from Baylor University, where he became a member of the Order of Barristers. While in school, Levi served as Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Travis, Texas. Levi brings an "everyman" perspective to his vibrant practice that juries love and is seldom found in Texas litigation. His strength is the same both in and out of the courtroom — relating to all people, from blue collar workers to CEOs, on their level.
Levi has been interviewed and quoted by many leading media organizations, including CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox News, The Today Show, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Austin American-Statesmen, Houston Chronicle, and Dallas Business Journal.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment & labor: employer, Entertainment & sports, Family law, General litigation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1993, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://mccathernlaw.com/attorney/levi-g-mccathern-ii/
- Primary Trial Counsel, Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd.
- Dallas Cowboys Football Club, Ltd., the Jerry Jones' Family and their related entities, Whole Foods Market, AIG, Travelers Insurace Company, and more
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- Baylor University School of Law, Juris Doctor, Member - Order of Barristers, 1993
- Baylor University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1990
- Board Certified Civil Trial Law TBLS, 2003
- Board Certified Labor & Employment Law TBLS, 2005
- An introduction to McCathern, a full-service law firm based in Dallas with additional offices in Houston, Frisco, and Los Angeles. , The McCathern Law Firm - Improving People's Lives, 2020
- , Best Lawyers - Labor and Employment, Best Lawyers, 2021
- , Best Lawyers - Labor and Employment, Best Lawyers, 2022
- America’s Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators is an invitation-only honor bestowed upon trial attorneys with successful experience in high-stakes business litigation matters., America's Top 100 Bet-the-Country Litigators, America's Top 100, 2020
- Business Litigation, D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017
- Business Litigation, D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2014
- General Corporate Law, D Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2012
Office location for Levi G. McCathern, II
3710 Rawlins Street
Dallas, TX 75219
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2004, 2008 - 2022