Matthew S. Anderson
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Dallas, TX
Matthew S. Anderson excels at navigating intellectual property issues, including domestic and international matters. He is a partner in the technology and intellectual property law group at Munck Wilson Mandala in Dallas, Texas. In his role, he represents clients through issues that include patent enforcement and procurement, trade secrets, unfair competition, copyrights, intellectual property audits, due diligence and intellectual property portfolio management.
Licensed for 25 years, Mr. Anderson brings a great deal of experience to every case he handles. He recognizes the importance of protecting a company's most valuable assets. As such, he is strategic in developing plans for business owners and professionals. He works closely with clients to understand their objectives as well as determine the best course of action to meet their goals.
Mr. Anderson received an undergraduate degree in computer engineering from Southern Methodist University. In 1994, he earned a law degree from the Baylor University Sheila and Walter Umphrey Law Center, where he was invited to join the Order of the Barristers and served as the president of the school's student bar association.
Today, Mr. Anderson is active with a number of legal organizations. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas' Intellectual Property, Litigation and Computer & Technology sections, the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the Dallas Bar Association.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Anderson is involved with the Bar None Production Company Committee, which raises money for law school scholarships through putting on an annual variety show. He also served as a board member for the American Red Cross North Texas Region.
About Matthew S. Anderson
First Admitted: 1995, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.munckwilson.com/attorney/matthew-s-anderson/
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- President, Student Bar Association, Baylor University School of Law
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Texas, 1995
- Past Director and Officer of the Tarrant County Young Lawyers
- Writer, performer, and Assistant Director of the DBA's annual Bar None variety show, raising money in support of the Sarah T. Hughes Diversity Fellowship at SMU Dedman School of Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bar None Production Company, Dallas Bar Association, (Co-Vice-Chair 2005-present)
- IEEE (formerly Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Dallas Bar Association, Computer Law Section (Chair 2002), Intellectual Property Section
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property, Litigation, and Computer Law Sections
- Texas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow), Dallas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas 1992
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, 2004
- Order of Barristers, Baylor University School of Law
- Magister of the Hemphill Inn of Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, Baylor University School of Law
- American Jurisprudence Award, Baylor University School of Law
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine, 2004
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2010 – 2019
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2003 – 2007
Pro bono/Community Service
- American Red Cross of North Texas, Board member, 2017
- Successfully defended the reexamination of core patent in rechargeable battery industry and provided related litigation support.
- Performed portfolio analysis and due diligence for patent licensors and licensees in various high-value commercial transactions.
- Built patent portfolio for software developer resulting in successful sale of business to competitor company.
- Provided litigation support both against accusations of infringement and to enforce patents against infringers for clients in various technological fields.
- Represented photographer to successfully resolve copyright infringement claim against a major sports franchise.
- Defended validity of key patents for an international pharmaceutical manufacturer against attacks by generic drug maker.
- Successfully settled domain name disputes for online-retailer clients.
- Represented numerous technology clients to successfully obtain domestic and international patent protection for hundreds of inventions in varied technologies.
- Performed defensive review and invalidity analysis of patents asserted by a leading semiconductor manufacturer as part of licensing negotiations.
- Prepared defensive and invalidity analyses for RFID manufacturer against asserted patent portfolio.
- We are proud to be recognized by @IP_STARS for our #intellectualproperty achievements as a firm! #IPstars2022 https://t.co/IrEBgEo0jD
- Discover 16 resources to help boost your #leadership skills from @Forbes: https://t.co/Dpt9O7vnxs
- At MWM, we understand the importance of your brand to your business and your reputation, and we are dedicated to he… https://t.co/jiVVfBMt6y
- We are excited to help raise funds for North Texas students to attend K-State! You won't want to miss the live auct… https://t.co/ebGW3RBiih
- 🎉Congratulations to the TAOS team - Michael McCabe, Michael Wilson, Robert McCutcheon, Jordan Strauss, Gabriela Mon… https://t.co/7v8WH307KB
Last Updated: 5/15/2022