Dennis M. Slate
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
Attorney Dennis M. Slate is the founder and owner of Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law, which has offices in Deer Park, Houston and Pearland, Texas. Serving clients throughout the Greater Houston metro region and all of Brazoria County, Mr. Slate focuses his practice primarily on family law, and he has more than 16 years of experience counseling and supporting families during some of the most difficult and stressful times in their lives.
Board-certified as a family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Slate has successfully handled thousands of cases throughout his career. Possessing an extensive military background, he understands the unique challenges military couples face when seeking a divorce, which helps him offer the compassionate counsel and knowledgeable representation they need.
Whether his clients are military service members or private citizens, Mr. Slate always keeps his clients' rights and best interests at the forefront of his efforts as he strives to help them resolve their conflicts and reach agreements as efficiently as possible. Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and service, he has received numerous awards and honors throughout his career, and both H Texas Magazine and Houstonia magazine have named him among the top family law attorneys in the region for the past several years.
A 1997 graduate of Texas A&M University, Mr. Slate obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Houston Law Center in 2000, and the State Bar of Texas admitted him to practice the following year. Active in his legal community, he is a member of several local, state and national bar associations, including the Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists, the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists and the Houston Bar Association, among others.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Paternity, Marital Property, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Dennis M. Slate
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.deerparkdivorcelawyers.com/Our-Team/Dennis-M-Sla...
- Texas A&M University, B.B.S.
- "Top Lawyer" by peers in Houstonia Magazine's Top Lawyers peer-nomination campaign
- Top Lawyer from "H Texas Magazine"
- Pasadena Bar Association, Past President, 2007
- Texas Bar Association Family Law Pattern Jury Charge Committee, 2020
- Texas Bar Association Family Law Pattern Jury Charge Committee, 2015
- Executive Commitee Gulf Coast Family Lawyers, 2018
- Executive Commitee Gulf Coast Family Lawyers, 2017
- Texas Bar Association Family Law Pattern Jury Charge Committee, 2016
- http://www.fox26houston.com/news/court-hearing-held-to-decide-sanctions-against-cps, 2018
- http://www.fox26houston.com/news/angry-family-law-judge-takes-cps-to-task-for-removing-children-from-parents, 2018
- $127k CPS Sanctions, 2018
- Client Awarded Custody of Daughter and Damages for Defamation, 2016
- Dennis M Slate secured a $35,000 attorneys fee award for a mother who had been falsely accused of neglecting her child. The child was never removed from the mother’s care, but CPS refused to dismiss the suit which cost the working mother all of her savings. Attorney Slate was able to have the CPS case dismissed and the agency repaid her legal fees., 2020
- Ajshay James was falsely accused of abusing her child by CPS, and lost her child to her ex-in laws based on those false allegations. After 3 years of litigation, attorney Dennis Slate took over the case and within 3 months he proved the allegations were false and James was legally reunited with her daughter., 2020
- CPS illegally removed the Bright children from Melissa and Devan and put them in separate foster homes. Dennis Slate had the children immediately returned to family and had CPS barred from any contact with the children. Attorney Slate then went after CPS for sanctions and the Brights were awarded the largest dollar amount sanction in Texas history, $127,000., 2018
- Timmerman children returned home after Dennis Slate took over case and proved the child abuse allegation was false., 2017
- Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists
- Texas Association Of Family Law Specialists
- Discover how to make a holiday visitation schedule with your ex-spouse, read our Deer Park divorce law blog: https://t.co/v8vPKpG9Qc
- Are you a military couple considering divorce? Find out how a Deer Park divorce attorney can help you today! https://t.co/gMvh4TGMkm
- Attorney Dennis Slate has been recognized as a "Top Lawyer" from two different organizations. Check out his bio for more information.
- Attorney Slate secured a record verdict for his client. Read the pres release! https://t.co/qMAuUuu58c
- Will family law cases in Texas be affected by the Supreme Court’s legalization of same-sex marriage? Find out here! http://t.co/C5TNbX7A4o
Last Updated: 5/15/2022