Kevin H. Berry
Top rated real estate attorney in San Antonio, TexasKevin H. Berry, P.C.
Attorney Kevin H. Berry is the founder and owner of the Law Office of Kevin H. Berry in San Antonio, Texas. Board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in commercial real estate law, farm and ranch real estate law, and residential real estate law, Mr. Berry has more than 34 years of experience assisting a diverse range of clients throughout Bexar, Medina and Comal counties, and the surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Residential real estate law and transactions
- Commercial real estate law and transactions
- Farm and ranch real estate law and transactions
- Title insurance
- Business formation and planning
- Small-estate planning and probate
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Berry led a successful career as a business management consultant with a prominent international accounting firm. He also hails from a family of ranchers who owned and operated a successful business for more than 145 years. From these experiences, Mr. Berry has invaluable insight into various industries, and he provides unmatched advice and counsel to help his clients achieve their goals with regard to their property, their companies and their estates as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Recognized for his exemplary professionalism and outstanding legal service, Mr. Berry holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating. He has also earned many other accolades from his peers, including designation from San Antonio Magazine as being among San Antonio's Best Lawyers. Furthermore, he has received many positive testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
Mr. Berry earned his Bachelor of Business Administration from The University of Texas at San Antonio in 1979 and his Master of Business Administration from the school in 1981. He then attended South Texas College of Law in Houston, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1985. While there, he served as managing editor for the South Texas Law Journal and the South Texas Law Review.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Berry is a member of the State Bar of Texas' Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law, and Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law sections. He is also a member of the Texas Bar College as well as the San Antonio Bar Association, and he routinely volunteers his time and legal services through the Pro Bono Law Project.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: consumer, Real estate: business, Business/corporate, Estate planning & probate, Insurance coverage
Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Wills
- 40% Real estate: consumer
- 30% Real estate: business
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1986, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.kevinberrylaw.com/attorney/kevin-h-berry/
- Escrow Officer, Texas Department of Insurance
- Fee Attorney for Old Republic Title
- Board Certified - Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Commercial Real Estate Law, 1995
- Board Certified - Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Residential Real Estate Law, 1995
- Board Certified - Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Farm & Ranch Real Estate Law, 1995
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - University of Texas at San Antonio, 1979
- Master of Business Administration in Management and Finance - University of Texas at San Antonio, 1981
- Texas Super Lawyers, Law & Politics and publishers of Texas Monthly, 2003, 2017 - 2018
- Scholarship Recipient, San Antonio Bar Association, Pro Bono Law Project Volunteer
- San Antonio's Best Lawyers, Scene in SA Magazine, 2004
- San Antonio Bar Association, Pro Bono Law Project Volunteer, Former Volunteer
- Honoree - 2019 National Philanthropy Day Outstanding Philanthropic Small Corporation, 2019
- Member - State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, State Bar College
- Member - Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of State Bar of Texas
- Member - San Antonio Bar Association
- Managing Editor - South Texas Law Journal, 1985
- Managing Editor - South Texas Law Review, 1985
- Fee Attorney
- Title Insurance
Office location for Kevin H. Berry
242 West Sunset Road, Suite 201
San Antonio, TX 78209
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2017 - 2022