Michael R. Kieffer
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Arlington, VA
Attorney Michael R. Kieffer is a shareholder with Walsh Colucci Lubeley & Walsh PC law firm, and he works primarily out of the firm's law office in Arlington, Virginia. A top-ranked transactional attorney with more than 14 years of total legal experience, Mr. Kieffer provides invaluable counsel and support to clients across his region who are dealing with complex residential and commercial real estate transactions, large-scale and mixed-use real estate developments, condominium and homeowner association documents, and other real estate-related matters.
Along with representing his clients in all types of complex real estate transactions, Mr. Kieffer also drafts important declarations and documents for condominium associations and HOAs, and he has extensive experience dealing with easement agreements, subdivision deeds and more. Moreover, he also works with the firm's litigation group, representing clients in a variety of real property disputes.
At all turns, Mr. Kieffer delivers the highly personalized counsel his clients need to make the best-informed decisions as he works diligently to help them pursue their goals and the positive results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, he has earned consistent recognition as being among the top lawyers in his region, and he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1994 cum laude graduate of Hobart College, Mr. Kieffer enjoyed a long and successful career for more than 10 years in the commercial real estate industry. Upon deciding to pursue his legal career, he attended Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2007. While there, he served as executive editor of the Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy, and he received honors for his excellent academic achievements.
Mr. Kieffer is a member of the Arlington County Bar Association and the Prince William County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
About Michael R. Kieffer
First Admitted: 2007, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://thelandlawyers.com/professionals/kieffer/
- Named to Super Lawyers, 2021
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Successfully obtained summary judgment to establish priority of defectively recorded deed of trust (Fairfax).
- Assisted local financial institution and County Attorney’s Office following foreclosure to bring condominium documents into compliance with affordable dwelling unit statute.
- Assisted in the preparation and filing of an Interstate Land Sales Act Registration Work Manual for a 231-unit condominium project (Fairfax).
- Represented title insurance companies in suits to establish the validity and priority of deeds of trust, resulting from missing interests, defective legal descriptions, and other related claims.
- Drafted land condominium documents for a large multi-association project (Prince William).
- Drafted condominium instruments and assisted in obtaining variances for various condominium conversions (Arlington).
- Drafted Master HOA and sub-association documents for a 480-lot residential project (Prince William).
- Hobart College, B.A., English, cum laude, 1994
Last Updated: 11/1/2021