My experience and background reflect the hallmarks of success one must demand of a divorce lawyer in the metropolitan area’s legal landscape. As a native of Northern Virginia, I have here focused my practice on providing sound and balanced representation to clients navigating the difficult legal waters of divorce and family law, including contested divorce, custody, support, and equitable distribution. My persuasive style has been well received in courtrooms throughout Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia, and is sustained and continually nuanced by a body of experience sufficient to deliver sophisticated results for my clients. In 2015, for example, through negotiation or litigation, my firm handled the equitable distribution of more than half a billion dollars in assets. I have personally represented clients in Maryland and the District of Columbia who control eight-figure family asset portfolios and clients in Virginia who control nine-figure family asset portfolios.
My professional experience includes practicing alongside the partners of several of Northern Virginia’s most prestigious boutique family law firms and serving as a clerk for the judges of the U.S. Tax Court. My legal acumen has been recognized by my inclusion in Super Lawyers, Washingtonian Magazine, Washington Business Journal, Northern Virginia Magazine, and Ten Leaders in the Law, among other publications. My practice has also enjoyed steady growth through relationships developed during my involvement with the American, Virginia, Maryland, Fairfax and Loudoun County Bar Associations, and Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
First Admitted: 2004, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.curranmoher.com/family-law-attorneys-va/jason-a-...
- Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney Virginia - B.A. in Philosophy and Religion (with honors), 1995
- Selecting the Right Attorney, Family Law Attorney, 2011
- Member of Loudoun County Bar Association, 2011
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar Association, 2010
- Member of the Maryland State Bar, 2007
- Member of the Fairfax County Bar Association, 2004
- UVA College of Trial Advocacy, 2012
- I was a speaker at a lecture comparing family law practices in Virginia, Maryland, and D.C., Speaker, Virginia, Maryland, and DC Divorce Laws, District of Columbia Bar Association, Lawyers, 2019
- Lectured to second and third year law students about the practice of family law, Speaker, Being a Divorce Lawyer, George Mason School of Law, Law, 2013
- Newletter article, Co-Author, Divergent Dealings with Marital Debt, American Academy Of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2010
- Received AV-Rating , AV-Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubble , 2021
- Received Client Champion Award, Client Champion Award - Platinum, Martindale-Hubble , 2020
- Named Best Lawyer by Best Lawyer Magazine, Best Lawyer, Best Lawyer Magazine, 2018
- Recognized as one of the fastest rising young divorce attorneys in Virginia, Fastest Rising Young Divorce Attorneys, Washington Business Journal, 2015
- Named a Top Divorce Lawyer by Northern Virginia Magazine for 2013, Top Lawyer in Northern Virginia, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2013
- Represented CEO of tech company (Husband); represented President/Owner of multi-location car dealership (Husband); represented dental practice owner (Wife); represented pharmacy practice owner (Wife), 2021
- Represented nationally recognized law firm partner (Husband) in highly contested fault-based divorce, 2019
- Represented Multi-State Real Estate Developer (Husband); Represented Investment Firm CEO (Wife); Represented Government Contractor CEO (Wife); Represented Government Contractor CEO (Husband), 2016
- Represented Founder of nationally recognized tech company (Husband), 2015
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023