Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Fairfax, VA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2019
A partner at McCandlish Lillard, located in Fairfax, Virginia, Virginia Haizlip is focused on providing high-quality representation to her clients who reside in the northern part of the state, particularly the area adjacent to the District of Columbia. She focuses her practice on family law matters, guardianships, and estate planning. Ms. Haizlip also assists victims of domestic violence who are seeking restraining orders.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Haizlip attended Colgate University and received a Bachelor of Arts in political science in 2001. She then went on to pursue her legal education at the George Washington University Law School and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2004.
Following law school, Ms. Haizlip was admitted to practice law before the state courts of Virginia in 2005. She is also admitted to practice in the District of Columbia. Her dedication to her clients and her superior ethics has been recognized by her fellow professionals, as evidenced by her receipt of a 10.0 "Superb" peer review through Avvo. Ms. Haizlip is experienced in handling complex family law matters, and she works with her clients through a range of solutions to obtain favorable results for them, including litigation, mediation and collaborative divorce. Ms. Haizlip is also well-versed in handling contested and uncontested guardianships for incapacitated adults of all ages. She enjoys preparing a range of estate planning documents including wills and trusts.
Ms. Haizlip has represented a wide variety of people, including federal employees, immigrants, business owners, stay-at-home parents and employees of nongovernmental organizations. She stays abreast of current developments in her practice area by actively participating in a variety of legal groups. A member of the Family Law Section of the Fairfax Bar Association, Ms. Haizlip has also served on the board of directors of the Northern Virginia Chapter of Virginia Women Attorneys Association.
- 70%Family Law
- 30%Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2019
About Virginia Haizlip
First Admitted: 2005, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://mccandlishlawyers.com/attorney/virginia-c-haizlip/
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Northern Virginia Chapter, Board of Directors
- District of Columbia
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly honored the inaugural class of Virginia’s leading women attorneys. A special reception and awards program honoring the class took place at the Hilton Short Pump on Feb. 18, 2019., Influential Women of Law, Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- , Legal Elite, Virginia Business magazine, 2020
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers for Virginia, 2010
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers for Washington, 2013
- “A party seeking spousal support bears the burden of proving all facts necessary for an award . . . .” The payee's… https://t.co/njC0HN22Be
- Va. Supreme Court addresses validity of marriage. https://t.co/r73Cpx0Wkr
- Separate maintenance depends upon existing marriage. End marriage by divorce discharges liability for suppt pymts. https://t.co/PPlFQMfsHh
- Indian court grants woman divorce over lack of home toilet https://t.co/Gx63ANxiga
- Fairfax Circuit Court's On-Line Marriage License Pre-Application https://t.co/BrLGwlYcxl
Last Updated: 5/15/2022