Elliott M. Buckner
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Richmond, VA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2007 - 2011
- Free Consultation
Our clients at Cantor Grana Buckner Bucci know that Partner-Attorney Elliott M. Buckner is on their side from the minute they walk through our doors. Having secured more than 45 multi-million dollar outcomes for victims of negligence, Attorney Buckner has a strong track record in claims for traumatic brain injury, wrongful death, spinal cord injuries, and motor vehicle accidents. Bringing a unique background as an insurance defense attorney, Attorney Buckner understands exactly how insurance litigators operate in complex injury claims – and can successfully fight back against unfair settlements. AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell and annually selected to the Virginia Super Lawyers list for over 12 consecutive years, he is truly a towering force for good within the Virginia legal community.
No matter the situation, Elliott works tirelessly to help ensure his clients receive the support and compensation they deserve. His track record of successful verdicts has formed a reputation that allows him to demand rightful compensation more effectively—often resulting in larger settlements.
Part of what makes Elliott such an effective attorney is his experience as an insurance defense attorney. In his previous practice, he stood on the other side of the court from injury victims, building cases to protect insurance companies from liability. Once he decided that he would rather serve the injured than work against them, he brought with him a wealth of experience and insight into how insurance litigators work. As a result, Elliott brings strategic power to every case he is involved in.
Elliott is widely recognized by his peers for his relentless and effective approach to litigation. He has been named to the list of Best Lawyers in America®, been AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, included in the list of “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business magazine, and has been annually selected by other lawyers to the Virginia Super Lawyers® list since 2007. He has also been regularly selected to the Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers® and Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers® lists. These selections mark Elliott as one of the leading Richmond personal injury attorneys, and among the top litigators in all of Virginia.
In addition to his trial work, Elliott often contributes to the legal community through lectures, articles, and presentations to other lawyers about effective trial representation. He is proudly serving as President of the 2000+ member Virginia Trial Lawyers Association in 2020.
While Elliott is passionate about the work he does every day for his clients, he is also passionate about his community. He serves on the Board of Directors of Community Brain Injury Services and has helped raise over $100,000 for the organization as the pit master for their annual charity BBQ cook.
Elliott has been blessed with an amazing wife, Joelle, and two really incredible kids, Oliver and Abby. They live in Midlothian with their three dogs, Finnley (Yellow Lab), Sadie (British Cream Retriever) and Stella (Boykin Spaniel).
- Top 100: 2022 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2012 Richmond Super Lawyers
About Elliott M. Buckner
First Admitted: 2000, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://virginiatrialfirm.com/attorneys/elliott-m-buckner/
- "Initial Case Management and Intake," National Business Institute Paralegal Seminar (2008)
- "Assisting with Settlement Negotiations," National Business Institute Paralegal Seminar (2007)
- "Defeating Colossus, 2nd Annual Solo & Small Firm Institute," Virginia CLE (2007)
- "Preparing the Client for Depositions," American Association of Justice Annual Conference (2009)
- "Small Firm David Socks Insurer Goliath in PI Cases," 4th Annual Solo & Small Firm Institute, Virginia CLE (2009)
- American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Winner (2000)
- Best Lawyers in America, in the category of Personal Injury Litigation (2011-present)
- “Legal Elite,” in the category of Young Lawyer, named by Virginia Business magazine (2005-2006, 2008, 2010)
- President - the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- President-Elect of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors
- Virginia Bar Association
- Henrico Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Council (2010-present), Board of Governors (1998-present), Young Trial Lawyers Chair (1999-2000)
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- City of Richmond Bar Association
- Brain Injury Association of America, National Legal Conference Co-Chair
- Lewis F. Powell Inn of Court
Last Updated: 5/15/2022