Heather D. Webb
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Burlington, WashingtonGLP Attorneys, P.S., Inc.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Licensed in Washington since: 2007
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Heather is the Managing Shareholder of the Burlington, Bellingham, and Wenatchee offices of GLP Attorneys.
Heather has worked in the legal field since 1990, beginning as a paralegal and ultimately becoming an attorney through the Washington State Bar Association’s Rule 6 Law Clerk program in 2007. The law clerk program, which provides an alternative to the traditional law school route, combines a theoretical, scholastic, and clinical experience. She now leads the Burlington, Bellingham, and Wenatchee offices of GLP Attorneys and practices in Skagit, Whatcom, Island, Chelan, Douglas, San Juan, and Okanogan Counties. She is an integral part of the firm’s Trucking Injury practice group, and is also a member of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys.
Heather is fluent in Spanish, having majored in the language at the University of Washington. She now provides representation to all GLP Attorneys’ Spanish-speaking clients across the state.
She is passionate about representing her clients, which has resulted in winning favorable verdicts for them in trial. She enjoys understanding her clients’ stories and conveying them in her representation and advocacy.
When Heather is not working, she spends as much time as she can with her husband and two children.
First Admitted: 2007
Professional Webpage: http://www.glpattorneys.com/attorneys/heather-d-webb/
- $3 million settlement for two construction workers who were injured when a two story prefabricated wall fell on them
- $560,000 settlement for an individual who was injured in a head-on motor vehicle collision., 2023
- $350,000 settlement for an individual who was injured in a head-on motor vehicle collision. , 2023
- $317,500 settlement for an individual who was injured in a parking lot motor vehicle collision., 2023
- $690,000 settlement for an individual who was injured in rear-end motor vehicle collision., 2023
- $400,000 settlement for an individual who was injured in a slip and fall., 2023
- $1.4 million verdict for two clients injured in a rear end automobile collision, where one plaintiff required cervical surgery, and the other required cervical and lumbar surgery.
- $1.25 million policy limits settlement for a woman who fractured her leg in a head on collision.
- $1 million policy limits settlement for a gentleman who was rear ended and sustained a traumatic brain injury.
- $1 million policy limits settlement for a gentleman who had the contents of a pallet fall on him while working. He injured his neck and required a cervical fusion.
- $1 million policy limits settlement for a gentleman who was rear ended and required a multi-level lumbar fusion.
- Washington State Bar Association, Admitted to Practice, 2007
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum member, 2017
- King County Bar Association, Member, 2008
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Admitted to Practice, 2008
- Snohomish County Bar Association, Member, 2008
- Whatcom County Bar Association, Member, 2010
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member, 2014
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, Admitted to Practice, 2015
- Skagit County Bar Association, Member and Current President, 2016
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), Eagle Member
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, 2021
- Washington State Bar Association Rule 6 Law Program Graduate, 2007
- Skagit County Bar Association, Events Committee, Co-Chair, 2021
- Skagit County Bar Association, CLE Committee, Chair, 2016
- Skagit County Bar Association, Vice-President, 2017
- Skagit County Bar Association, President, 2020
- Skagit County Bar Association, President, 2018
- Volunteer attorney for the 20th Annual Law Day Advice Clinic, sponsored by the Skagit County Volunteer Lawyer Program and the Washington State Paralegal Association, 2014 - 2022, 2014
- Understanding the litigation process for you and your patient., Speaker, Getting Paid When the Case Doesn't Settle, GLP Attorneys Healthcare Provider Seminar, October 2022 (Burlington), Chiropractic, 2022
- Through case studies, we will discuss the components of a good case file for a motor vehicle collision to deliver the best results for you and your patient including payments in a personal injury MVC case. A discussion on modern world MVCs – Uber, Lyft, Door Dash, and current laws in Washington State will be included., Speaker, Mastering the Motor Vehicle Collision Injury Case, GLP Attorneys Seminar - October (Everett), 2023
- Intake, documentation, billing, and getting paid are essential factors in every personal injury case. We will talk about the fundamental components of your personal injury patient practice and how to manage them successfully for all types of injuries. Case studies will illustrate the elements of a good case file., Speaker, Mastering Elements of a Personal Injury Patient Practice, GLP Attorneys Seminar - May (Burlington / Everett), 2023
- An Independent Insurance Medical Examination can be concerning for both the patient and their healthcare provider. We will discuss how to prepare your patient for an IME and provide resources to assist you and your practice. Apportionments in a personal injury case will also be examined. Case examples will be introduced along with 2023 legislative updates for IMEs in the state of Washington. , Speaker, Mastering IMEs and Apportionments, GLP Attorneys Seminar - February (Burlington / Everett), 2023
- Documentation essentials, Speaker, Charting & Documentation in a PI Case, Wenatchee Cardiac Symposium, February 4, Healthcare, 2022
- We discuss the reason some cases go into litigation and highlight the red flags for which you should watch. , Speaker, Avoiding the Pitfalls of Litigation, Washington State Chiropractic Association, ConFAB Conference, Bellingham, Chiropractic, 2022
- Understanding the litigation process for you and your patient., Speaker, Getting Paid When the Case Doesn't Settle?, GLP Attorneys Healthcare Provider Seminar, October 2022 (Everett), Chiropractic, 2022
- , Personal Injury 101: Trucking Injuries, 2023
- Being in a collision with a semi-truck is different than being in a collision in a private car. Semi-trucks have more responsibilities due to the size of the truck and the number of hours they spend on the road. Driving a semi-truck requires special skills and training that allow these large trucks to operate safely on a road. When training is not done right or the rules are not followed, it's very dangerous for other drivers on the road. It's very important that you hire an attorney with experience in semi-truck cases to help you with your claims. These cases are more complicated due to the special regulations that apply to semi-trucks and their drivers., Trucking Injuries: “How does a collision with a semi-truck differ from a collision with a car?”, Trucking, 2021
- , Washington Super Lawyers List, Super Lawyers, 2023
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5% are names to the Rising Stars list. , Washington Rising Star List, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Highest Rated - 10.0, Highest Rated by Avvo, Avvo.com, 2016
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2017