Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Greenwood Village, CO
A personal injury attorney in Colorado, Dan Caplis is founding partner of Dan Caplis Law. With over 35 years of experience, he handles injury cases related to car accidents, drunk driving accidents, defective medical devices, products and premises liability, senior citizens, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents and drugged driving accidents.
A respected legal analyst, Mr. Caplis has been quoted by media outlets such as U.S. News & World Report, Time Magazine, the Associated Press, the Boston Globe, the Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, the Washington Post, CBS Denver, ABC News, NBC News, CNN and Fox News. Many of his clients have ended up with settlements of over seven figures for injuries related to car accidents, on-the-job injuries and brain injuries.
Mr. Caplis attended the University of Colorado, where he was student body president and graduated with honors. He was also named as the National Evans Scholar of the Year. After graduation, he attended the University of Colorado School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor. Immediately upon graduation, he was chosen as lead trial attorney in a medical malpractice case involving a set of triplets who were catastrophically injured at birth.
A Rocky Mountain News columnist called Mr. Caplis a “Colorado Treasure,” and he was named by 5280 Magazine as one of Denver’s 25 Most Powerful people. The Archdioceses of Denver also presented him with a Pro Vitae Award, and Archbishop Jose Gomez presented him with the Humanitarian of the Year Award. His career goal is to help those who have had their lives shattered or destroyed by the carelessness or negligence of others.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Dan Caplis
First Admitted: 1983, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.dancaplislaw.com/meet-our-team/dan-caplis-esq-/
- University of Colorado, Honors: With Honors, Honors: Student Body President, Honors: Named the National Evans Scholar of the Year, 1980
- Won Largest Personal Injury Verdict in Colorado, 2015
- Best Plaintiff's Personal injury Litigation, Best Lawyers , The Best Lawyers in America (2021 Edition), 2021
- Super Lawyers - 2019, 2020, 2021
- “A Colorado Treasure”, Rocky Mountain News columnist
- Adult Life Saver of the Year, American Red Cross, 2010
- 25 Most Powerful people in Denver, 5280 Magazine
- Pro Vitae Award, Archdioceses of Denver, presented by Archbishop Charles Chaput
- Humanitarian of The Year Award, presented by Archbishop Jose Gomez
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2015
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury
- A boy could not have a better mom. One of the founding mothers of the pro-life movement too. This must be a particu… https://t.co/i6S7F8fHtY
- I admire what my friend and partner Mike did. He’s a great dad who wanted the info for his personal use. I didn’t k… https://t.co/g9qzPZHmCN
- This is a true insurrection. Hear it for yourself. Schumer encouraging the mob to injure or kill the correct and co… https://t.co/Z3PVwNDAAJ
Last Updated: 5/15/2022