David I. Brody
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Boston, MassachusettsSherin and Lodgen LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 2009
Education: Suffolk University Law School
David I. Brody represents individuals in a wide range of matters, including contract negotiation and enforcement, wage and hour issues, wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblowing.
He is an experienced employment litigator, having represented individuals at trial in state and federal court, and in public hearings before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the Civil Service Commission.
In addition to his litigation practice, David advises executives and professionals regarding employment agreements, non-competition and other restrictive covenants, change of control agreements, equity and deferred compensation vehicles, and transition agreements.
David is a partner in the firm’s award-winning Employment Department – ranked by Chambers USA for “Labor and Employment: Mainly Plaintiff’s Representation” in Massachusetts and by U.S. News and World Reports “Best Law Firms” for “Employment Law: Individuals” and “Litigation – Labor and Employment.”
David was selected by his peers to serve as an officer of the Massachusetts chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association, an affinity organization of attorneys committed to advancing employee rights. He is co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Steering Committee.
First Admitted: 2009, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.sherin.com/professionals/david-i-brody/
- , Listed as a Rising Star by Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- , Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Program provided valuable insight regarding recent rule changes, and how those changes affect employment litigation in Superior Court. The panel also addressed trends in discrimination and wage and hour cases coming out of the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the Supreme Judicial Court. , Moderator , Litigating Employment Cases: Recent Trends and Rule Changes, Boston Bar Association , 2019
- Published in Workforce., Author, The top 7 recent employment law cases you should know, Workforce, 2020
- Webinar co-hosted with Essex Partners, Panelist, Employment Hot Topics in the time of COVID-19, 2020
- Boston Bar Assocation, Speaker, The Supremes: A Review of Recent Labor and Employment Decisions at the U.S. Supreme Court and Supreme Judicial Court, Boston Bar Assocation, 2020
- Boston Bar Association, Speaker, Show Me the Money: A Beginner’s Guide to Wage and Hour Laws, Boston Bar Assocation, 2020
- N/A, Speaker , Unfair v. Unlawful: Representing Clients In Wrongful Termination Cases, Boston Bar Association , 2017
- N/A, Speaker, Show Me the Money: A Beginner’s Guide to Wage and Hour Laws, Boston Bar Association , 2018
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2019