Kenneth A. Reich
Top rated Environmental attorney in Boston, MassachusettsKenneth Reich Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Environmental, Energy & Natural Resources, Environmental Litigation; view more
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1972
Education: Harvard Law School
Languages Spoken: English, French
Kenneth Reich Law, LLC745 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02116 Visit website
As the founder of Kenneth Reich Law, LLC, in Boston, Massachusetts, Kenneth A. Reich focuses his practice on assisting clients in Massachusetts and nationwide, in the areas of environmental law, energy law and commercial leasing, including civil and administrative litigation in state and federal courts. He is also a trained and certified (MA) Mediator. His Of Counsel, Stephen Reich, concentrates his practice in IP (copyrights and trademarks), including prosecution of marks, civil litigation and sending and defending of cease and desist letters. Before forming his own firm in 2010, Mr. Reich spent a number of years in private practice with regional, national and international law firms, and seven years with the U.S. Department of Justice as a trial attorney and then as an assistant chief of the Environmental Enforcement Section. While at the DOJ, Mr. Reich handled and supervised environmental litigation across the nation.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Cornell University, Mr. Reich attended Harvard Law School (J.D. cum laude). He is admitted to practice law before the state courts of Massachusetts, the District of Columbia, Maryland (inactive status) and Montana (inactive status) as well as before a number of federal trial and appellate courts. In addition to being a Mediator, Mr. Reich was a former member of the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration Panel. He has been an appointed member of the Massachusetts Bar Association Dispute Resolution Council from 2019 to the present.
Mr. Reich has represented clients in Superfund cases brought by the Environmental Protection Agency and environmental lawsuits or administrative proceedings brought by state and federal agencies, as well as in private Superfund cases and other environmental disputes. He has argued a number of cases in the federal circuit courts of appeal. He regularly provides pro bono representation in the areas of housing and consumer issues and was a long-time board member of the Voluntary Lawyers Program of the Boston Bar Assn.
Practice areasEnvironmental, Energy & Natural Resources, Environmental Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense
Energy Law, Natural Resources Law
- 50% Environmental
- 20% Energy & Natural Resources
- 20% Environmental Litigation
- 10% Civil Litigation: Defense
First Admitted: 1972, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.kennethreichlaw.com/about
- Provide pro bono services to wide variety of clients in housing and other matters
- Write periodic blogs and articles on issues related to environmettal law, energy law and mediation.
- Authored several versions of the chapter on the “Massachusetts Clean Air Act”, Massachusetts Environmental Law (MCLE). Authored the chapter, “Developments in Criminal and Civil Enforcement under Key Environmental Statutes”, Environmental Risk Management, A Desk Reference, ed. Eric B. Rothenberg and Dean Jeffery Telego (RTM Communications, Inc., 1991)
- Formerly Adjunct faculty at the Boston University School of Law (ADR and Environmental Law, Energy Law (through 2019)
- Cornell University, B.A. in Government, 1968
- Newly Weds Foods v. Westvaco. Jury verdict in Middlesex Superior Court in favor of plaintiff (client) landowner against former owner for 75% of past costs and future costs of remediation of contamination. , 2002
- Successful settlement of federal district court litigation in favor of individual plaintiff for defendant corporation's copyright infringement and decision broadly construing the term "profits" in the federal Copyright Act. , 2019
- This award honors those Boston attorneys who provided pro bono legal assistance to victims of the Boston Marathon Bombing., President's Award , Boston Bar Assn., 2014
- Dispute Resolution Section Council of the Massachusetts Bar Assn., 2019-present, 2022
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, 2021
- Round Table Group. Environmental and energy law expert for purposes of expert witness testimony., 2021
- Global Law Experts. Selected as Environmental lawyer in MA., 2021
- IR Global. Network of selected legal advisors. I am the environmental and energy advisor for Massachusetts. My Of Counsel, Stephen Reich, is a Rising Star in IR Global for Intellectual Property., 2021
- Co-Founder and Co-Chair of the Clean Air Committee of the Boston Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Environmental Litigation Committee, Boston Bar Assn.
- District of Columbia
- Formerly Member of the Commercial Arbitration Panel of the American Arbitration Association
- Member of the MA Bar and Boston Bar Assn.
- Land Use
- Renewable Energy
Office location for Kenneth A. Reich
745 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02116
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023