In today’s world, proper attention to the interface between business and government is critical to success. Our Government Relations team is comprised of seasoned professionals with diverse talents, experiences and relationships. They have the demonstrated ability to help clients large and small navigate the complexities of state government. Known, respected and trusted, their approach leverages knowledge, bipartisan relationships and persistent efforts with a fundamental knowledge and understanding of a client’s business.
RYP Granite Strategies
Experienced and connected, our team helps clients both large and small navigate the legislative process and the often complex workings of state government. The Granite Strategies team is comprised of accomplished professionals with diverse backgrounds, talents and relationships. We are known, respected and trusted within the halls of government, where our bipartisan relationships and fundamental understanding of client needs are the foundation of a commitment to positive results for each and every client.
We offer clients a full range of advocacy and public policy services and take pride in our ability to understand the issues and shape solutions. The legislative and government services realms are often complicated and always demanding. We see the challenges as opportunities for our clients.
Individualized services include:
- Legislative Lobbying
- Issue Advocacy
- Contract Procurement
- State Permitting
- Local Government Advocacy
- State Funding
Community and Public Service
Our vision for building a fulfilling work environment depends not only on attracting challenging and complex legal work, but also on enabling and encouraging our professionals to participate in organizations that establish the community fabric in which we live, work and play. Our professionals donate hundreds of hours every year as board members and volunteers with local non-profit organizations. Life is more than work, and we are exceptionally proud of the communities where we and our families live and thrive.
Some examples of recent community service by our professionals are:
- Tom Rath Member, Advisory Committee, The New Hampshire Institute of Politics, St. Anselm College; Board of Directors and Past-Chairman, The New England Council; Republican National Delegate.
- Sherry Young Member and Former Chair, Board of Directors, Centrix Bank; Adjunct Faculty, Environmental Law, University of New Hampshire School of Law; Member, Board of Trustees, University of New Hampshire School of Law; Member, Board of Directors, New Hampshire Business and Industry Association; Founding Board Member, the New Hampshire Supreme Court Society; Member, Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honor Society.
- Adam Pignatelli Member, New Hampshire Bar Board of Governors; Leadership New Hampshire, Class 2014; Former Member, Capitol Center for the Arts Board of Trustees.
- Mike Pignatelli Former Assistant Attorney General and Chief of Criminal Division; Past member of Nashua Police Commission; Former member, Nashua Board of Alderman; Past member of New Hampshire Judicial Council; State Board of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Bill Ardinger Director, Friends of Bridges House Board of Directors; Member, New Hampshire Board of Bar Examiners; Member, Board of Trustees, University System of New Hampshire; Member, New Hampshire Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules; Trustee and Chair, Concord Community Music School.
- Ken Bartholomew Chairman of the Kearsarge Regional District School; Board and Chair of Finance and Audit Committee; Former co-chair, Health Law Section of the New Hampshire Bar Association; Former Board Member, New Hampshire Legal Assistance and Legal Advice and Referral Center; Former Member, Advisory Council, New Hampshire Endowment for Health; Former Board Member, Capitol Center for the Arts; Former Trustee, Pillsbury Free Library.
- Paul Burkett Member, Board of Directors, McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center Commission, Chair 2016-Present.
- Dave Collins Chairman, Bedford Conservation Commission; Board of Directors, Queen City Kiwanis; Director, New Hampshire Wildlife Federation; Board of Trustees, Manchester Visiting Nurse Association.
- Steve Lauwers Former chairman, Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association; Former director, Capital Region Health Care; Past-President, Bow Rotary Club; Member, Federation of Regulatory Counsel; Member, New Hampshire Advisory Group on Health Insurance.
- Maria Holland Law Member and Former Chair, Board of Trustees, The Palace Theatre Trust; Chair, Board of Director, VNA Foundation of Manchester and Southern New Hampshire; Member, Board of Directors, The Women’s Fund of New Hampshire; Secretary, Mills Falls Charter School Foundation; Member, Derryfield School, Board of Trustees.
- Michael Lewis Board Member, New Hampshire Legal Assistance; Board Member, New Hampshire Supreme Court Society; Judicial Selection Committee- Service ended in January 2017; United States Swimming, Special Panel Adjudication, Vice Chairman.
- Kathryn Michaelis: Member, Paint the Town 2012 Committee; Kimball Jenkins School of Art; Board Member; Friends of the Baker Free Library; Assistant Coach, Bow Athletic Club Girls Softball; Member, Board of Directors, New England State and Local Tax Forum; Member, Vermont Tax Advisory Board, Volunteer Wish Granter, Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Hampshire.
- Gina Powers Member, Government Affairs Committee, Manchester Chamber of Commerce; Member, Board of Directors, Moore Center Services; Member, Gender Ambassador’s Panel, New Hampshire Women’s Initiative; Volunteer, New Hampshire Home Health and Hospice Care; Member, Board of Directors, Mary Gale Foundation; Member, New Hampshire Nonpublic School Advisory Council.
- Alexandria Russell Board Member, New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association.
- Adam Varley Chairman, Nashua Planning Board; Member, Board of Directors, Greater Nashua Dental Connection.
- Chuck Willing Treasurer, Kuster for Congress, 2015-16 election cycle; Member, Concord (NH) Energy and Environment Committee; Member and Board Member of Rotary Club of Concord, New Hampshire; Former President and Board Member, the Friends Program, Concord, NH; Former Board Member, Concord Trust for the Advancement of Public Education; Former Board Member, Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association; Former Little League and Youth Soccer Coach.
Connect With Us
- 20%Energy & Natural Resources
- 15%Health Care
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
All Practice Areas
All Focus Areas
Super Lawyers selects attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. Learn more about selection