John D. Treleven
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Cincinnati, OhioTreleven & Klingensmith LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Family law, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 2008
Education: University of Cincinnati College of Law
Treleven & Klingensmith LLC114 E 8th St
Cincinnati, OH 45202 Visit website
Attorney John D. Treleven is a co-founder of Treleven & Klingensmith in Cincinnati. He has a reputation for professionalism and ethical representation. As a Top 100 Trial Lawyer, he has received an Avvo “Superb” perfect 10.0 rating for representation of his clients.
Mr. Treleven provides exemplary criminal defense and juvenile law services. As an experienced DUI and criminal defense attorney, he knows how to guide clients through the legal process. He provides representation regarding bonds, arraignments, motions, plea negotiations, appeals, expungements, and trials. His experience in and out of the courtroom helps protect and defend the future of those he represents.
As a lawyer, he has considerable experience assisting clients with complex child custody and family law issues. This includes assisting parents seeking custody where there is children's services agency involvement.
Mr. Treleven is a graduate of the Western Reserve Academy. He earned his bachelor's degree from the College of William & Mary as a James Monroe Scholar. While attending the University of Cincinnati College of Law, he served as president of the Student Bar Association.
Mr. Treleven is active in the legal community. His memberships include:
· Ohio State and Cincinnati Bar Associations
· National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
· Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
· Greater Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Concerning DUI/OVI defense, he holds a Standardized Field Sobriety Testing certification from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Attorney Treleven understands the Ohio court system. He knows its judges, magistrates, prosecutors, and attorney peers. He works hard for his clients and always makes himself available to answer their questions.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Family law, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Criminal law, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Juvenile law, DUI/DWI
- 40% Criminal defense
- 40% Family law
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2008, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.tkcincinnati.com/john-treleven
- NHTSA certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (OVI)
- Greater Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- University of Cincinnati Law Alumni Board
- US District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- College of William & Mary, 2003
- Western Reserve Academy, 1999
- One of two attorneys honored for trial advocacy., Hon. Leslie Gaines Award for Trial Advocacy, Greater Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2015
- Named one of top 100 trial lawyers in the State of Ohio., Ohio Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Named one of the top 100 trial lawyers in the State of Ohio., Ohio Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- "Superb" Rating on AVVO for Criminal Defense
- Vice President, Cincinnati Athletic Club, 2018
- Board Member, University of Cincinnati Law Alumni Association, 2018
Office location for John D. Treleven
114 E 8th St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022