Philip J. Nelson
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Portland, OregonSlinde Nelson
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Real Estate, Intellectual Property Litigation view more
Licensed in Oregon since: 2001
Education: University of Washington School of Law
Slinde Nelson425 NW 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97209 Visit website
As a founding partner of Slinde Nelson Stanford law firm in Portland, Oregon, Philip J. Nelson brings a unique flavor to the practice of business law. His philosophy respects the idea that a business person would prefer to run his or her business instead of sitting in a courtroom. With that focus, Mr. Nelson approaches the litigation of business disputes and contract issues with the mind of an entrepreneur.
After completing his bachelor’s degree at Southern Oregon University, Mr. Nelson went on to earn his law degree from the University of Washington School of Law in Seattle. In 2001, he obtained legal approval from the Oregon State Bar to practice law. In addition, he is a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association.
Not content with practicing law in a big firm, Mr. Nelson co-founded Slinde Nelson Stanford as an alternative for clients seeking outstanding service with a personal touch. Mr. Nelson’s smart style of litigating has gained the respect of clients and colleagues alike. His purpose is to provide efficient protection for the interests of his clients and allow them to return to business as quickly as possible.
Whether a client is facing a breach of contract issue, shareholder dispute, allegations of fraud or a misunderstanding between partners, Mr. Nelson knows that, above all, the client wants the issue resolved quickly and affordably. Moreover, he knows that the best way to deal with legal issues in a business is proactively. To that end, clients can depend on Mr. Nelson to provide sound advice for avoiding disputes and conflicts to keep their businesses running smoothly.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Real Estate: Business, Intellectual Property Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions
- 40% Business Litigation
- 40% Real Estate: Business
- 10% Intellectual Property Litigation
- 10% Mergers & Acquisitions
First Admitted: 2001, Oregon
Professional Webpage: http://www.slindenelson.com/Attorneys.shtml/3294961_1
- Southern Oregon University, Ashland, Oregon, B.S.
- Author, Construction and Interpretation of Contracts, Oregon State Bar Association, 2003
- Author, Judicial Review and Enforcement of Arbitration Awards, 2008
Office location for Philip J. Nelson
425 NW 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
- Rising Stars: 2011
Additional sources of information about Philip J. Nelson
See legal Q & A provided by Philip J. Nelson
Q: Why Is It Important To Get Legal Counsel When Starting A Business In Oregon?A: The entrepreneurial ethic is often tied to self-reliance, the idea that you can set out on your own to build something and be your own boss. That … See all answers by Philip Nelson
Find me online
- We aren't your typical business law firm. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business succee… https://t.co/51jrU3Di4D
- Not sure how to structure your business? We can help. Call 503-417-7777 today. #BusinessLaw #SlindeNelson #Portland… https://t.co/K33RWcvW7M
- Working with a narcissist can be difficult but it may be possible to make a business partnership work. Learn more a… https://t.co/1kfgW9S9JL