Top rated business litigation attorney in Houston, TexasBradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Class action & mass torts, Construction litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2010
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP600 Travis Street
Houston, TX 77002 Visit website
Bradley provides business clients around the world with a full suite of legal services in dozens of industries and practice areas. Bradley works with businesses and commercial entities.
A partner at Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP, in Houston, Texas, Rob Ford's practice focuses on business litigation, class action litigation, product liability claims, professional liability litigation, complex commercial litigation, fiduciary disputes, business torts, trade secret cases and construction litigation.
With a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and political science, Mr. Ford graduated from the Loyola University New Orleans in 2006. He then attended the University of Texas School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor with honors. While in law school, he was an associate editor of the Texas Law Review and an active participant in the Conrad C. Duberstein Interscholastic Bankruptcy Moot Court Team.
Additionally, Mr. Ford served as an intern for two renowned judges at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas. He is well-known for his tenacious litigation skills but is also well-versed in resolving matters through dispositive motions or settlements.
Mr. Ford is licensed to practice in Texas and Louisiana and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana.
Actively engaging with the legal profession, Mr. Ford is a member of the State Bar of Louisiana, the Garland R. Walker Inns of Court, the State Bar of Texas and its Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Committee, the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, and the Houston Bar Association and its Bench Bar Conference. He is also the co-chair of the Texas Bar Foundation’s Houston Nominating Committee.
Honored for his work in the legal field, Mr. Ford has been included in Benchmark Litigation’s Future Star list for 2023 and Houstonia Magazine’s Top Lawyer list in 2019. He also is a fellow at the Trial Lawyer Honorary Society of the Litigation Counsel of America, the Louisiana Bar Foundation and the Texas Bar College.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Class action/mass torts: defense, Construction litigation: business
Trade secret, Class actions, Construction defects
- 50% Business litigation
- 30% Class action/mass torts: defense
- 20% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 2010, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.bradley.com/people/f/ford-robert
- State Bar of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Supreme Court of The United States
- Houston Bar Association, CLE Committee, Co-chair, 2017-2018; Bench Bar Conference, 2017-Present; Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession (MOILP) Committee (Diversity & Inclusion Committee), 2016; Communities in Schools (CIS) Committee, 2013-2014
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Houston Nominating Committee, Co-chair, 2017-Present
- State Bar of Texas, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Committee, 2017-Present; Advanced Personal Injury Course, Director, 2019; Planning Committee, 2017; Business Disputes Course, Director, 2019; Masters of Litigation Course, Director, 2017; Advanced Civil Trial Course, Planning Committee, 2020; Business Law Course, Planning Committee, 2020
- Garland R. Walker Inns of Court
- Loyola University, B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, 2006
- Named a Houstonia Magazine “Top Lawyer,” 2019
- Texas Bar College, Fellow
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Trial Lawyer Honorary Society of the Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Named to the Second Annual Lawyers of Color Hot List, 2014
- Houston Bar Association CLE Committee, “Committee Chair of the Year,” 2018
- Listed in Benchmark Litigation, "Future Star", 2023
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2015-2019; Business Litigation, 2022
Office location for Robert Ford
600 Travis Street
Houston, TX 77002
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2020
Top ListsUp-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars: 2020
Additional sources of information about Robert Ford
Find me online
- A recent BuildSmart blog by Abba Harris and Jim Archibald examines the difficulties associated with final arbitrati… https://t.co/QV0j6BOOto
- The Federal Circuit decision in Minerva Surgical, Inc. v. Hologic, Inc. serves as a reminder to inventors to keep t… https://t.co/OsvLuycN62
- To learn more about the White House's most recent plan to establish national standards for data protection that are… https://t.co/cHlLGNTvhr